How do I create a part in an assembly in Solidworks?
To create a part within an assembly: Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part. For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
How do you create a part in Solidworks 2020?
To create a part from a Toolbox component:
- In the Design Library task pane, under Toolbox , expand the standard, category, and type of the component. …
- Right-click the component and click Create Part.
- In the PropertyManager, under Properties, specify property values. …
- Click .
How do I create a part from a feature in Solidworks?
Split and Save Bodies
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save. …
- Click .
How do I create a template part in Solidworks?
To create a template:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- Double-click the type of template that you want to create: Part, Assembly, or Drawing.
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK. …
Can you turn an assembly into a part solidworks?
With your top level assembly open, left click on a sub-assembly that you would like to save as a part and chose Open Subassembly. 2. With the sub-assembly open click File, Save as. Chose the option to Save as when prompted.
How do you make a part on shape?
Insert Parts and Assemblies
- Click the Insert parts and assemblies tool .
- Select Current document to insert from this document or Other documents to find another document from which to select. …
- Once a document is selected, select Part Studios or Assemblies to filter further.
How do I create a multi body part in Solidworks?
To save an assembly as a multibody part document:
- Open an assembly document.
- Click File > Save As. The Save As dialog box appears.
- Set the Save as type to Part (*. prt, *. …
- Select one of the following: Exterior Faces to save the exterior faces as Surface Bodies . …
- Select or clear the following: …
- Click Save.
How do you add multiple parts to a Solidworks drawing?
Under Part/Assembly to Insert, do one of the following:
- Ctrl + select several components from the list.
- Click Browse. In the dialog box, Ctrl + select several components and then click Open.
Can you make a part flexible in Solidworks?
You can define a part component as flexible to drive the geometry of flexible components by the assembly geometry.
How do I add a part to a part in SolidWorks?
With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part. Browse to a part document and click Open. The Insert Part PropertyManager appears. Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
How do I cut part of a SolidWorks assembly?
To create an assembly feature cut:
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
- Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.