How do you add a line to a family in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel Object Styles. In the Object Styles dialog, click the Model Objects, Annotation Objects, or Imported objects tab. Click in the Line Weight, Line Color, or Line Pattern cell for the category you want to modify and make changes as necessary. When finished, click OK.
How do you Draw a line in a section in Revit?
Sketch a Line
- Select a tool that allows for a line. …
- Click Modify | Place Lines tab (or respective Modify | Place
tab or Modify | Create tab) Draw panel (Line).
- On the Options Bar: …
- Click in the drawing area to specify the start point of the line.
What is a symbolic line?
Symbolic lines are visible parallel to the view in which you sketch them. Example: You might sketch symbolic lines in an elevation view to represent a door swing. You can control symbolic line visibility on cut instances.
How do you insert a line in Revit?
Sketch a line load along structural elements in an analytical view.
- Click Analyze tab Analytical Model panel (Loads).
- Click Modify | Place Loads tab Loads panel (Line Load).
- On the Properties palette, select a value for Load Case.
- For the Orient to parameter, select Project or Work Plane.
How do you add a line in Revit?
Use the Linework Tool
- Open the view in which you want to change line styles.
- (Optional) To turn off Thin Lines, click View tab Graphics panel (Thin Lines).
- Click Modify tab View panel (Linework).
- Click Modify | Linework tab Line Style panel, and select the line style to apply to the edge from the Line Style drop-down.
How do you draw a construction line in Revit?
From the “modelling” pane of the design bar, select “Lines”. These can be used as construction lines. I’ve been using reference plane as the construction line.
What is a symbolic line in Revit?
Symbolic lines are visible parallel to the view in which you sketch them. Example: You might sketch symbolic lines in an elevation view to represent a door swing. You can control symbolic line visibility on cut instances. Select the symbolic line and click Modify | Lines tab Visibility panel (Visibility Settings).
How do you add a witness line in Revit?
Add a Witness Line to a Dimension
- Select the dimension.
- Click Modify | Dimensions tab Witness Lines panel (Edit Witness Lines).
- Click the element for which you want to add a new witness line, and then click in the drawing area.
- When you are finished, press Esc .