How do I edit an existing viewport?
Editing a Design Layer Displayed in a Viewport
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport. …
- Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
- Choose how the design layer will display. …
- If the viewport has been cropped, select Add Reference Crop Object to display the crop on the design layer.
How do you clip a viewport?
To clip a Viewport on a Sheet by pointing to a polygonal shape:
- Activate a Sheet tab.
- Click Modify > Clip > Viewport (or type ClipViewport).
- Select the Viewport to clip. …
- Specify the Polygonal option.
- Select the first point of the irregular shape.
- Continue to select points to define the boundary or specify an option:
How do you make a odd shaped viewport?
Creating Odd-Shaped Viewports in AutoCAD
- Click the Clip tool in the Layout tab’s Layout Viewports panel. …
- At the Select viewport to clip: prompt, click the viewport border.
- At the Select clipping object or [Polygonal]
: prompt, press ↵.
- Turn off Object Snap, and draw the outline shown in the top portion.
Where is viewport in AutoCAD?
Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View.
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- If named views have not been saved in model space, click two points to define a rectangular view from expanded model space. …
- If one or more named views were previously saved in model space, click to choose a named view from the gallery.
How do you create a viewport in Civil 3d?
Click on the small arrow beside ‘Layout viewport panel’ and select viewport style as per your requirement. And click on the ‘Ok’. If you want to create a rectangle viewport, then select “Rectangle” from the ‘Layout viewports’ panel in the ‘Layout’ tab.
What command do you use to scale a viewport?
Double click within the viewport boundaries. Then, type Zoom and the Command Line. Next, enter the scale you would like to use. In this case, I’ll use 1/50.
How do I change the linetype scale in viewport?
To Scale Linetypes in Layout Viewports
- With PSLTSCALE set to 1 (default), set the current linetype to dashed, and then draw a line in a paper space layout.
- In the layout, create a viewport with a zoom factor of 1x, make that layout viewport current, and then draw a line using the same dashed linetype.
How do I mask a viewport?
Go to Solution. In MODEL SPACE place a wipeout behind all of the objects in the drawing. Now in paper space your viewports will all have a mask. Use “draworder” on the viewports to control which one is masked.