How do you edit a solid in FreeCAD?
Edit the solid model in FreeCAD
- To add or remove parts, open the Part Design workbench,
- Select the Solid in the Model window, so the object turns green,
- In the Part Design menu select Create Sketch.
- Select the plane you want to draw and click OK,
How do I edit a drawing on FreeCAD?
There are several ways to invoke the Edit Sketch command:
- Right-click on a sketch in the tree view and choose Edit Sketch.
- Select sketch in the tree view and choose Sketch → Edit Sketch from the pull-down-menu.
- Simply double-clicking on the sketch.
- Clicking on the. button in the Sketcher toolbar.
How do you cut an object in FreeCAD?
- Press the. Cut button in the Part toolbar.
- Use the Part → Boolean → Cut entry from the Part menu.
How do you make a part active on FreeCAD?
Double-click the Body in the tree view or open the context menu (right-click) and select Toggle active body to activate or deactivate the Body. If another Body is active, it will be deactivated.
How do you convert mesh to solid in FreeCAD?
To do this:
- Switch to the Part Workbench.
- Select the mesh, and go to the Part → Create shape from mesh or press the Part ShapeFromMesh button.
- Click OK in the dialog.
- Select the newly created shape.
- Go to Part → Convert to solid.
- Select the newly created solid.
- Go to Part → Refine shape or press the Part RefineShape button.
How do you scale a FreeCAD?
FreeCAD: How to scale a 3D object?
- Switch workbench to Draft workbench .
- Select a shape to be scaled on model tree and make a clone . …
- The made clone is overlapped on the original shape. …
- Select the clone on model tree and change the “Scale” property values at Data tab.
How do you mesh in FreeCAD?
FreeCAD: How to create meshes from a solid?
- Create new document. …
- Switch workbench to Mesh Design wrokbench .
- Select the shape in model tree and run “Mesh from shape” …
- Set paramters in the dialog box and click OK to create mesh.
- Select the meshed solid on model tree and type space key to hide it.
How do you cut a sphere in half Freecad?
A Part Sphere can be truncated at the top and/or bottom by changing its DataAngle1 and/or DataAngle2 properties. It can be turned into a segment of a sphere by changing its DataAngle3 property.
How do you make a pocket on Freecad?
- Select the sketch or face to be pocketed. introduced in version 0.20: Alternatively you can select several sketches or faces.
- Press the Pocket button.
- Set the Pocket parameters, see the Options below.
- Click OK.