How do I export shapefile to CAD with attributes?
STEP1: First, select a shapefile.
- STEP2: Then tick Feature Attributes and press “Specify” button.
- STEP3: Select Feature Attributes that you want to translate to AutoCAD.
- STEP4: In this example, select DHNAME and then press “–>” button. …
- STEP5: Next, select COMPDATE and then press “–>” button.
Do shapefiles have elevations?
Most shapefiles are inherently 2D. The Z, or elevation, content is only populated as a feature attribute, not actually geometry of the spatial feature itself.
How do I export a shapefile to CAD?
Using the Export To CAD tool
- Open the Export To CAD tool dialog box.
- Drag one or more feature classes or shapefiles from the Catalog window into the Input Features text box.
- Click the Output Type drop-down arrow and choose a CAD format.
- Click the Output File browse button. …
- Click OK to run the tool.
How do I export contours from GIS to CAD?
To export contours, you must ensure there exists a field titled ‘ELEVATION’ (Fields titled ELEV_FT, etc. will not work) in the attribute table. Right click on the contour layer, and click Open Attribute Table. If this field does not exist, click Options > Add Field. AutoCAD file will be saved.
How do I export from Arcgis to CAD?
You can open the tool in the following ways:
- In a map document, right-click the layer in the table of contents and click Data > Export to CAD from the context menu.
- In a Catalog window, right-click the dataset or feature class and click Export > To CAD from the context menu.
How do I export an annotation from Arcmap to CAD?
Run the Export To CAD tool
Drag the new point feature layer containing the reserved CAD fields from the table of contents to the Input Features text box. Click the Output Type drop-down arrow, and choose a CAD format. , navigate to a folder, type a name for the new CAD file, and click Save.
How do I add elevation to a shapefile?
Part C – Query to Assign Elevations.
- In the Task Pane on the Map Explorer tab, expand Query Library, right-click Current Query and click Define.
- Click the Location button. …
- Click OK.
- For the Query Mode, select Draw.
- Click Alter Properties.
- Select Elevation and click Expression.
How do I add elevation to a shapefile in ArcGIS?
Add a custom elevation surface
- In the Contents pane of a scene, right-click Elevation Surfaces, and click Add Elevation Surface. …
- Right-click the new surface and choose Add Elevation Source .
- Browse to a valid elevation source on your file system or on ArcGIS Online.
How do you make a shapefile into a surface?
- Connect to your SHP file first so you can create a polygon for the exact area that you want to query.
- In Civil 3D, go to Home>Create Ground Data>Surfaces>Create Surface from GIS Data.
- Select the Data source type and log in to connect to it.
Can AutoCAD export shapefile?
Browse to where you want to save the new shapefile. Name the shapefile. Select Save. Select OK in the “Export Data” window.
What is a shapefile used for?
A shapefile is an Esri vector data storage format for storing the location, shape, and attributes of geographic features. It is stored as a set of related files and contains one feature class.
How do I export a shapefile from a polyline?
Export polylines with attributes to a shapefile
- MAPEXPORT at the command line. This will bring up the Export Location dialog box.
- Export Location: Choose Files of type:ESRI Shapefile (*. …
- OK in the Export Dialog box and a shapefile will be created, complete with attribute data, for use with GIS applications.
How do I export CAD contours?
Once the map is the way you want it, select the Contours layer in the Contents window and click Map Tools | Layer Tools | Export Contours. Give the file a name and choose AutoCAD DXF File from the Save as type list. Specify a location for the file, and click Save.
Where is the drape tool in AutoCAD?
On the Massing tool palette, select the Drape tool. Alternatively, you can click Home tab Build panel Box drop-down Drape. Select the polylines or AEC Polygons to represent contours, and press Enter. Specify whether the source contours should be deleted after creating the drape mass element, and press Enter.
How do I get ArcMap?
Install and set up
- Go to My Esri and log in to download ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap). Note: …
- Review the system requirements before you initiate the installation program.
- Start the installation program; it will step you through the process. …
- Once installation completes, you need to authorize the software.