How do you add measurements in Solidworks?
To add a dimension to a sketch or drawing:
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. …
- Select the items to dimension, as shown in the table below. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click to place the dimension. To dimension the…
How do I show dimensions in Solidworks sketch?
You can show or hide 2D and 3D sketch dimensions with the View Sketch Dimensions functionality. Previously, only 3D sketch dimensions were hidden when you turned off View Sketch Dimensions. Click View > View Sketch Dimensions or click View Sketch Dimensions in Hide/Show Items (Heads Up View toolbar).
Why are my dimensions not showing up in Solidworks?
If dimensions for a certain feature do not appear, you can right-click on the feature from either the graphics area or the FeatureManager Tree and select Show All Dimensions.
How do I show multiple measurements in Solidworks?
To display dual measure dimensions:
- Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure .
- In the Measure dialog box, click Units/Precision .
- In the Measure Units/Precision dialog box, select Use custom settings and select the first length unit. …
- Click Use Dual Units and select the second unit of measurement.
How do you name a dimension in Solidworks?
You right-click on a dimension that you want to link and then choose “link values” from the right menu button. You’ll be asked for a name for the dimension you’ve selected. Once you’ve given it a name, the name will be available for other dimensions to link to.
How do you hide dimension lines in Solidworks?
You can hide and show dimension lines and extension lines. Right-click a dimension line or extension line and select Hide Dimension Line or Hide Extension Line. To show hidden lines, right-click the dimension or a visible line and select Show Dimension Lines or Show Extension Lines.
How do I change the smart dimension in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do I show mm and inches in Solidworks?
You can configure the Measure tool to display two units of measure. For example, you can specify millimeters and inches for display in the Measure dialog box, measurement callouts, and the status bar. To display dual measure dimensions: Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure .
How do you measure in Solidworks 2018?
To use the measure tool: Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure. While the Measure dialog box is open, you can switch among different documents without closing the dialog box. If you activate a document that has items already selected, the measurement information updates automatically.
How does solidworks measure 3d dimensions?
Using the Measure Tool
- Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure. …
- Optionally set the options to define the unit of measure (Units/Precision ), show XYZ measurements (Show XYZ Measurements ), define the coordinate system (XYZ Relative To ), or project the measurement onto another entity (Projected On ).