How do you sketch on boss extrude?
To start a sketch with an Extruded or Revolved Boss/Base:
- Click Extruded Boss/Base or Revolved Boss/Base. …
- Select one of the three planes (Front Plane, Top Plane, and Right Plane) displayed. …
- Create a sketch with the sketch entity tool, or select a tool on the Sketch toolbar and create a sketch.
How do you edit a extrude boss in Solidworks?
If you enter the wrong distance to extrude to: and exit the boss-extrude dialog without correcting it, go to the design tree, right-click on the extrude name, and find the “edit feature” button in the box of options that appears above the mouse. The dialog will reopen and you can edit the properties of the extrude.
How do I enable sketch in Solidworks?
Inserting and Resizing Sketch Pictures
- In an open sketch, click Sketch Picture. (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture.
- In the dialog box, browse to the picture file and click Open. …
- To use the scale tool: …
- Continue to set properties in the Sketch Picture PropertyManager and click .
What is blind in SOLIDWORKS?
The default end condition is “blind,” which means we will take our sketch and extrude it a set distance from the sketch plane. After that distance is met, extrusion will stop. So the condition for ending the extrusion is that it will proceed a set distance and then stop. Again, this is known as a “blind” end condition.
Can you delete a sketch in Solidworks?
To delete the picture: Right-click the picture and click Delete. Search ‘Deleting Sketch Pictures’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I edit a dimension in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do you move a cut Extrude in Solidworks?
To move more than one feature at a time, hold down Ctrl as you select the features.
To move a feature to a new place on a model:
- Select Instant3D (Features toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select the feature to move.
- Use the handles to drag the feature to its new location.
Can you extrude an open sketch in Solidworks?
Allows you to use a partial sketch to create extrude features from open or closed contours. Select sketch contours and model edges in the graphics area.
How can you extrude a sketch equally in both directions from the sketch?
To extrude in both directions from the sketch plane in the PropertyManager, under Direction 1, select Through All – Both Directions. To extrude as a thin feature, set the PropertyManager options in Thin Feature.
What is extrude command in Solidworks?
Using the SOLIDWORKS Surface Extrude feature, we can extrude the boundary edges of a face of a solid body or edges of a surface body in a customized direction. When we run the Extruded Surface command, two things can happen: Either a sketch is active or preselected or no sketches exists.
How do I show a sketch in Solidworks drawing?
Inserting Sketch Picture in Drawings
- Click Sketch Picture. (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > Picture.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to an image file, then click Open.
- Select options in the Sketch Picture PropertyManager, then click. .
How do you sketch a picture in Solidworks?
(Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture. In the dialog box, browse to the picture file and click Open.
Under Trace Settings:
- Select a tool for Image Type.
- Select a tool for Selection tools, and create a border around the image you want to trace.
- Click Begin trace.