How do you control rotation in Solidworks?
Click Rotate View (View toolbar) or View > Modify > Rotate then drag the pointer . Drag with the middle mouse button. Press the arrow keys. Hold down Shift to rotate in 90° increments.
What is lock rotation in Solidworks?
You can prevent the rotation of components that are mated with concentric mates by selecting the Lock rotation option. Locked concentric mates are indicated by an icon. in the FeatureManager design tree. You cannot lock concentric mates when a referenced component is over-defined.
How do you lock things in place in Solidworks?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do I reorient Solidworks assembly?
Using the PropertyManager to Rotate a Component
Click Rotate Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Rotate. The Rotate Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do I change the orientation of an object in SolidWorks?
Select the top view from view orientation of “Heads-up View Toolbar” or press “ctrl+5” then click Update Standard View button and choose the front view. A pop-up message will show-up to confirm if you want to change the view, click yes. This feature is the easiest way to change the orientation of your part.
How do you Unfix an object in SolidWorks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I turn rotation lock off?
Turn Portrait Orientation Lock Off
- Access the. Control Center. by touching the top-right corner of any screen then dragging downward.
- Tap the. Portrait Orientation Lock icon. to turn off. If you don’t see the Portrait Orientation icon, use the iPad’s Side Switch.
How do you lock all parts in a Solidworks assembly?
Now to lock any part in Solidworks assembly all you have to do is:
- choose the part from the FeatureManager Design tree.
- right click on the name of the part.
- Select Fix ( To fix the part), Float (To make the part move)
What does the lock mate do in Solidworks?
A Lock mate maintains the position and orientation between two components. The components are fully constrained relative to each other. A Lock mate has the same effect as forming a subassembly between the two components and making the subassembly rigid.
How do you anchor a part in Solidworks?
To set the anchor points:
- Expand Sheet Format for the sheet in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Right-click one of the anchors, select Set Anchor, then click where you want the anchor point on the sheet. When you set the anchor point from the FeatureManager design tree, you are automatically in Edit Sheet Format mode.
How do you change UCS in Solidworks?
To translate a coordinate system to a new location:
- Click Coordinate System (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Coordinate System .
- Define the coordinate system at a location on the part or assembly that provides the entities you need to control the angle and direction of each axis.
How do you move around in Solidworks?
Do one of the following:
- Press Alt + middle mouse button and drag.
- On the main toolbar, click Camera Tools > Pan , then click and drag.
How do you invert a part in Solidworks assembly?
To invert selection:
- Select items to be excluded.
- Click Invert Selection. (Selection filter toolbar) or Tools > Invert Selection.