How do you use special characters in Solidworks?
How To Insert Special Characters in SOLIDWORKS
- Make sure your keyboard is in NumLock mode.
- Hold down the ALT key and enter the number on the numeric keypad. (Note that many laptops have a blue FN key that changes a set of keys, also with blue numbers on them, into a numeric keypad.)
How do I access the symbol library in Solidworks?
To access the Symbol Library dialog box, do one of the following:
- In the Dimension PropertyManager, under Dimension Text, click More Symbols. …
- In the Note PropertyManager, under Text Format, click Add Symbol. …
- In the Weld Symbol Properties dialog box, click Weld Symbol and click More Symbols.
How do you insert a degree symbol in solidworks?
Alt + 0176.
Inserts a degree º symbol.
How do you insert a diameter symbol in solidworks?
Diameter Symbol (Ø) Keystroke: ALT+0216.
How do you draw a third angle projection symbol in SolidWorks?
Click on “Note” and select “Add Symbol” as indicated in the red box below. Under “Symbol library”, select “Projection Symbol”. Select “Third Angle Projection” and click OK. Left-click on the drawing sheet to place the projection symbol.
How do I add Chinese characters to SolidWorks?
Go to Options > Project Options > Imaging/OCR and select your desired language in the “Notes” section as shown below:
- Project Language Option.
- Notes folder location.
- Add a new language folder.
- New language file added and renamed.
How do I add a design library in Solidworks 2018?
To add the Design Library folder to your file locations, go to Tools -> Options -> System Options -> File Locations -> Design Libraryand click the Add button. Browse to the correct path and click OK. You can also add the file location in the Task Pane by clicking the Add File Location icon.
How do you insert a centerline symbol in solidworks?
To insert centerlines manually:
- In a drawing document, click Centerline. (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Centerline. The Centerline PropertyManager appears. …
- Select one of the following: Two edges (parallel or non-parallel) Two sketch segments in a drawing view (except splines) …
- Click .
What is Ctrl Q in Solidworks?
Forced Rebuild (Ctrl+Q)
When working on a part, forced rebuild will rebuild every feature in the Feature Tree, this is different to a standard rebuild (Ctrl+B) which will only rebuild changed features. This Forced Rebuild will also rebuild any views on a drawing which have sketch entities or require rebuilding.
Does solidworks have keyboard shortcuts?
Keyboard shortcuts are key combinations to quickly access functionality in SOLIDWORKS Visualize. To display keyboard shortcuts, press F12. For most keyboard shortcuts, press Ctrl to make adjustments in finer steps (typically one-tenth of the step size of the default).
How do I create a hotkey in Solidworks?
How to create custom keyboard shortcuts in SOLIDWORKS
- With a document open, select Tools.
- Select Customize.
- Select the Keyboard tab.
- Click on a command you use often that doesn’t have an existing shortcut.
- Add a custom shortcut. …
- You’ll get an error message if you enter a shortcut that already exists.
How do you use mouse gestures in Solidworks?
To enable or disable mouse gestures, with a document open, click Tools > Customize. On the Mouse Gestures tab, select or clear Enable mouse gestures. To set the number of mouse gestures in the mouse gesture guide, with a document open, click Tools > Customize.
What are the tools in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS tools you can use to create complex geometry include:
- Boundary Boss/Base (Features toolbar). …
- Deform (Features toolbar). …
- Indent (Features toolbar). …
- Flex (Features toolbar). …
- Wrap (Features toolbar). …
- Replace Face (Surfaces toolbar). …
- Intersection Curve (Sketch toolbar). …
- Composite Curve (Curves toolbar).
What are the basic commands in Solidworks?
Basic Commands: Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo, and Redo
- Select one or more items to cut.
- Click Cut (Standard toolbar) or Edit > Cut, or press Ctrl+X.