How do you insert a new component in the assembly section?
To insert parts into an assembly, it is like moving files into a folder: you drag and drop straight from file folders or from using the Insert Component Command in the CommandManager on the Assembly tab. With this command, you find parts in your folders and then insert them by clicking to place them.
How do you add parts in SolidWorks?
With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part. Browse to a part document and click Open. The Insert Part PropertyManager appears. Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
How do you duplicate parts in Solidworks assembly?
To copy multiple components:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, Ctrl + select or Shift + select the components to copy.
- Ctrl + drag the selected components and drop them in the graphics area. New instances of the components are created.
What does part in assembly mean?
1 a number of people gathered together, esp. for a formal meeting held at regular intervals. 2 the act of assembling or the state of being assembled. 3 the process of putting together a number of parts to make a machine or other product.
How do I add a part to a drawing in SolidWorks?
When the new document window opens, select Browse under the Part/Assembly to Insert section on the left-hand bar and select a part or assembly you wish you insert from the file browser.
How do you insert the same part multiple times in SolidWorks?
You can insert multiple instances of several components without closing the PropertyManager.
- Click Insert Components. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Part/Assembly to Insert, click Browse.
- In the dialog box, Ctrl + select these parts: …
- Click Open.
How do I create a new assembly?
Do one of the following:
- Right-click one of the selected components, and select Form New Subassembly.
- Click Insert > Component > Assembly from [Selected] Components. To form a subassembly from components contained in a folder in the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the folder and click Form New Subassembly.
Can I copy an assembly in Solidworks?
If you’re working with a single file you can use the options ‘Save as Copy and Continue’ and ‘Save as Copy and Open’ to duplicate files. ‘Save as Copy and Continue’ saves a file with the new name but leaves the old one on screen.
Can you make a copy of a Solidworks part?
Pick the top of a feature tree for a component and select Edit > Copy. Then go to a drawing and select Edit > Paste. SOLIDWORKS has now inserted, or pasted, a copy of that component in a model view in the drawing.