How do I add a revision in Solidworks?
Adding a Revision to the Table
- Right-click in the revision table and select Revisions > Add Revision. A revision is added to the table with the current date. …
- Click to place one or more revision symbols on the drawing. To add a leader, place the symbol on a vertex, edge, or face.
How do you unlock a revision table in Solidworks?
Specify properties for revision tables. To open this PropertyManager: Click Revision Table (Table toolbar), or click Insert > Tables > Revision Table.
How do I edit a revision table in Solidworks?
To initiate revision table editing:
- Click Edit Revision Table (Mechanical Toolbox toolbar) or Mechanical Toolbox > Revision Table > Edit Revision Table.
- If you are on a sheet tab that contains a revision table that is linked to the active revision table, when you are prompted to activate Sheet 1, click OK.
How do I track revisions in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Revisions-Tracking and Editing Changes Made in a Project
- Right click on the Document book or drawing you want to revise, and select the Revisions option.
- Make your entries and Validate the revision. …
- the Validate button changes to Verify.
How do I link a revision table in SolidWorks?
Click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Tables > Revision. Set the options and click OK. In drawings with multiple sheets, you can set options to activate a revision table on the first sheet only, link the tables on all sheets, or keep the tables independent of each other.
What is a revision or engineering change to a drawing?
The term “Drawing Revision” refers to modifications that are made to a drawing after it has been signed and issued. The first revision to a drawing takes place after the initial issue of the drawing is signed and released for bid or construction.
How do you activate the revision symbol in SolidWorks?
In Tools > Options > System Options > Drawings , select Enable symbol when adding new revision. When selected, any time you insert a row in a revision table, the Revision Symbol tool opens so you can insert revision symbols in the drawing.
What is a revision cloud?
Revision cloud is an annotation type that lets you create cloud-like shapes in a drawing. Use revision clouds to call attention to geometry changes. You can insert revision clouds in drawing views or on the drawing sheet.
How do I edit a revision block in SolidWorks?
Do one of the following:
- On the Sheet Format toolbar, click Edit Sheet Format , then click Title Block Fields .
- On the Sheet Format CommandManager, click Edit Sheet Format , then click Title Block Fields .
- In the FeatureManager design tree of a drawing, right-click Sheet Format and click Edit Sheet Format .
What is a revision table?
The revision table holds metadata for every edit done to a page within the wiki. Every edit of a page creates a revision row, which holds information such as the user who made the edit, the time at which the edit was made, and a reference to the new wikitext in the text table.