How do you add a new plane in Solidworks?
- Click Plane (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane .
- In the PropertyManager, select an entity for First Reference . …
- Select a Second Reference and Third Reference as necessary to define the plane. …
- Click .
How do you select a plane in Solidworks?
Click Plane (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane . The software creates the most likely plane based on the entity you select. You can select options under First Reference, such as Parallel, Perpendicular, and so forth to modify the plane.
How do you change the plane of a sketch in Solidworks 2020?
To change a sketch plane in a configuration:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a sketch and select Edit Sketch Plane. …
- Do one of the following: …
- Under Configurations, select the configurations to which you want the new sketch plane to apply: This configuration, All configurations, or Specify configurations.
How do you add an auxiliary plane in Solidworks?
To create an auxiliary view:
- Click Auxiliary View. (Drawing toolbar), or click Insert > Drawing View > Auxiliary. …
- Select a reference edge (not a horizontal or vertical edge, which would create a standard Projection View). …
- Move the pointer until the view is where you want, then click to place the view.
How can I change my plane?
To change planes for a connecting flight, start by asking a flight attendant on your flight or reviewing the Departures board in the airport to find your departure gate number. Then, if your luggage hasn’t been checked through to your final destination, pick it up from baggage claim and go back through security.
How do I change the sketch plane in Solidworks?
To change the plane, right click on the sketch in the Feature Manager and select the Edit Sketch Plane Icon. When you do, the Edit Sketch Plane command opens. To change the plane, right click in the window and clear the selections.
How do you change XYZ in SolidWorks?
To specify the up axis for view orientation:
- Open a model.
- Click View Orientation (View toolbar).
- In the Orientation dialog box, click the Up Axis flyout and select an option: Apply Y-up views. Uses the Y-axis as the up orientation for views. Apply Z-up views. Uses the Z-axis as the up orientation for views.
How do you change coordinates in SolidWorks?
Moving a Coordinate System
- Click Coordinate System (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Coordinate System .
- Define the coordinate system at a location on the part or assembly that provides the entities you need to control the angle and direction of each axis.
Can you move a plane in Solidworks?
Move the plane by dragging the edge of the plane. Copy the plane by selecting a plane in the graphics area. Then hold down the Ctrl key and, using the edge, drag to a new location. An offset plane is created.
How do you copy a sketch to another plane?
- Select wireframe on sketch by dragging a window over sketch items.
- Then use Ctrl C (Copy).
- Deselect items.
- Select a new sketch plane for items to be pasted in.