How does slice work in AutoCAD?
Creates a new 3D solids and surfaces by slicing, or dividing, existing objects. The cutting plane is defined with 2 or 3 points by specifying a major plane of the UCS, or by selecting a planar or a surface object (but not a mesh). One or both sides of the sliced objects can be retained.
How do I cut a specific part of AutoCAD?
To Trim an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Trim. Find.
- Select the objects to serve as cutting edges. Press Enter when you finish selecting the cutting edges. …
- Select the objects to trim and press Enter a second time when you finish selecting the objects to trim.
How do you Autodesk slice?
Right-click and select Edit View from the menu. On the Display Options tab of the Drawing View dialog box, select the Slice check box in the Cut Inheritance section.
How do you split a 3D object in AutoCAD?
To separate disjointed volumes into independent objects, on the Home ribbon, in the Solid Editing panel, click the Separate tool. The program prompts you to select a 3D solid. Click to select the solid. The program immediately separates the disjointed volumes into independent objects.
How do you trim a solid object in AutoCAD?
Slice a 3D Solid or Surface With a Cutting Plane
- Click Home tab Solid Editing panel Slice. Find.
- Select the 3D solid or surface objects to slice. Press Enter.
- Specify two points to define the cutting plane.
- Specify which side of the sliced object to retain, or enter b (Both) to retain both sides.
How do you trim a mesh in AutoCAD?
- Choose the Mesh > Mesh Partitioning > Mesh Cut tool.
- Follow the tool’s prompts to select the mesh and projected curve(s). (The curves must still have their construction history intact.)
- Click the Cut button in the lower right corner of the window.
How do I cut a drawing in AutoCAD?
To Clip an Image
- At the Command prompt, enter IMAGECLIP.
- Select the image to clip by selecting the image boundary.
- At the Command prompt, Enter n (New Boundary).
- If prompted, enter n (No) or y (Yes) to delete the old boundary.
- Enter p (Polygonal) or r (Rectangular), and then draw the boundary on the image.
What is Project geometry inventor?
The Project geometry command projects model edges, vertices, work features, points, or curves from a visible sketch onto the active sketch plane as reference geometry.
How do I create a section view in Inventor?
Create a Section View Defined by Sketch Geometry or an Aligned View
- Select an existing view to use as the parent view.
- On the ribbon, click Place Views tab Create panel Section .
- Select the view cutting line you defined in the sketch.
- (Optional) Specify the appearance of the view in the Section View dialog box.
Which command breaks joined surface into individual surfaces?
Join. The Join command connects curves or surfaces together into one object. For example, a polycurve can consist of straight-line segments, arcs, polylines, and free-form curves. The Join command also connects adjacent surfaces into a polysurface.
What does the zebra analysis tool do?
The zebra analysis tool projects stripes onto a surface so that you can inspect the continuity between surfaces. Surface continuity is a measure of how smoothly two surfaces flow into each other.