What is 3D interconnect?
3D Interconnect is a technology from SOLIDWORKS that lets users work with CAD data from different CAD systems without having to use a neutral file export (like IGES).
How do you use 3D interconnect?
To enable 3D Interconnect, we will go to Tools>Options>System Options>Import>Enable 3D Interconnect. In SOLIDWORKS 2020, 3D Interconnect is enabled by default. Now that we have 3D Interconnect enabled, we can simply drag and drop non-SOLIDWORKS CAD files directly into SOLIDWORKS. It’s that simple!
Where is 3D interconnect in SOLIDWORKS?
You can turn on and turn off the 3D Interconnect functionality in the SOLIDWORKS software. It is turned on by default. To turn 3D Interconnect on or off: Click Tools > Options > System Options > Import.
How do I enable 3D interconnect in SOLIDWORKS?
To turn 3D Interconnect on or off:
- Click Tools > Options > System Options > Import.
- In the dialog box, set File Format to General.
- Select or clear Enable 3D Interconnect.
- Click OK.
How do you break a link in SOLIDWORKS?
To break the link from the original part file:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
- In the dialog box, click one of the following: Yes, break the link (cannot be undone) . Breaks the link of the inserted part file from the original file.
How do I open a JT file in SOLIDWORKS?
To open JT files in SOLIDWORKS:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select JT (*. jt).
- In the dialog box, browse to the desired file.
- Click Open.