What are the units in SOLIDWORKS?
Units and Dimension Standard
- IPS (inch, pound, second)
- MMGS (millimeter, gram, second)
- CGS (centimeter, gram, second)
- MKS (meter, kilogram, second)
What are relations in SOLIDWORKS?
In SOLIDWORKS, relations between sketch entities and model geometry, in either 2D or 3D sketches, are an important means of building in design intent. You can add relations in the following ways: As you sketch, allow the SOLIDWORKS application to automatically add relations. Automatic relations rely on: Inferencing.
What is a vertex in SOLIDWORKS?
Control vertices are similar to spline points. They help you manage the shape of the curve. You can add dimensions between control vertices and add relations. To insert a control vertex: In an open sketch, right click anywhere on the control polygon and select Insert Control Vertex .
What is ARC in SOLIDWORKS?
Tangent Arc. Sketches arcs that are tangent to sketch entities. 3 Point Arc. Sketches arcs by specifying three points (start, end, and midpoint). The SOLIDWORKS application defaults to the last used arc type.
How do you pan in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Pan (View toolbar) or View > Modify > Pan, then drag the pointer . Hold down Ctrl and drag. (In an active drawing, you do not need to hold down Ctrl.) Hold down Ctrl and press the arrow keys.
How do you make a cone in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a cone:
- Click Solids > Draw > Cone (or type Cone).
- Set an option for the cone’s base: Center point base: Click in the graphics area to specify a center point or type the 3D coordinates. …
- Set the cone height: Click in the graphics area or type a value. – or –
What does collinear mean in SolidWorks?
Collinear. Two or more lines. The items lie on the same infinite line. Coradial. Two or more arcs.
How do you add an edge relationship in SolidWorks?
(Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Relations > Add to create geometric relations (such as tangent or perpendicular) between sketch entities, or between sketch entities and planes, axes, edges, or vertices. You can choose whether geometric relations are automatically created as you create sketch entities.
What is sketch relation in SolidWorks?
Description: Sketch relations help to define a sketch entity by relating them or constraining them to other sketch entities. Sketch relations can either be added or assumed by SolidWorks through built in features (the polygon tool). Note: All relations can be seen and edited by using the display/delete relation icon.
How do you create vertices in Solidworks?
Inserting a Control Vertex
- In an open sketch, right click anywhere on the control polygon and select Insert Control Vertex . The pointer changes to .
- Hover the pointer over the control polygon segment where you want to place the control vertex and click to insert the point.
How do you select a vertex in Solidworks?
- Click objects in the graphics area.
- Press Ctrl while clicking to select more than one object.
- Drag the pointer from left to right to define a box selection or from right to left to define a cross selection.
What is the name of the feature bevel a selected edge or vertex?
chamfer. Bevels a selected edge or vertex. You can apply chamfers to both sketches and features.
How do you do a hole callout in SolidWorks?
To add a hole callout:
- Click Hole Callout (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Hole Callout. …
- Click the edge of a hole, then click in the graphics area to place the hole callout. …
- Edit the callout in the Dimension PropertyManager. …
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 to insert additional hole callouts, then click .
How do you draw a 3 point arc in SolidWorks?
To sketch 3 point arcs:
- Click 3 Point Arc .
- Click to set a start point.
- Drag the pointer. , then click to set an end point.
- Drag to set the radius.
- Click to set the arc.
- Click . Video: Sketching a 3 Point Arc.