What is graphic area?
The graphics area is the part of the application where you create and modify drawing entities. You can open multiple drawings simultaneously in the graphics area. Each drawing and view is in its own window. You can tile, cascade, or enlarge windows to fill the graphics area.
Where is graphics area in Solidworks?
The main section of the window, where the model or drawing is displayed, is the graphics area.
What are Solidworks features?
Features are the individual shapes that, when combined, make up the part. You can also add some types of features to assemblies. Features include multibody part capability. You can include separate extrude, revolve, loft, or sweep features, within the same part document.
How do I refresh graphics in Solidworks?
Updating Assembly Graphics
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options.
- On the System Options tab, click Assemblies and select Update model graphics when saving files.
- Click OK.
What is graphics used for?
Graphics are visual elements often used to point readers and viewers to particular information. They are also used to supplement text in an effort to aid readers in their understanding of a particular concept or make the concept more clear or interesting.
How do you move a sketch in Solidworks?
Moving or Copying Sketch Entities
- Click Move Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move.
- Click Copy Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy.
- Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
What are the tools in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS tools you can use to create complex geometry include:
- Boundary Boss/Base (Features toolbar). …
- Deform (Features toolbar). …
- Indent (Features toolbar). …
- Flex (Features toolbar). …
- Wrap (Features toolbar). …
- Replace Face (Surfaces toolbar). …
- Intersection Curve (Sketch toolbar). …
- Composite Curve (Curves toolbar).
What is a Solidworks part?
part. A single 3D object made up of features. A part can become a component in an assembly, and it can be represented in 2D in a drawing. Examples of parts are bolt, pin, plate, and so on. The extension for a SOLIDWORKS part file name is .
What is Solidworks composer?
SOLIDWORKS® Composer allows you to quickly create 2D and 3D graphical content to clearly explain and present your product or process. The tools let you work directly from 3D CAD data to create high-quality illustrations, photorealistic images, and interactive animations, and to import design data. Buy now.
How do you update a part in Solidworks?
To update an assembly:
- In SOLIDWORKS, open an assembly previously built by CircuitWorks.
- In CircuitWorks, make the component changes or open a new ECAD file containing the changes.
- Click Build Model (Tools toolbar).
- In the dialog box, click Yes to update the open assembly. …
- To update the SOLIDWORKS assembly, do one: