What does mirror do in SOLIDWORKS?
The ability to mirror can be found in part and assembly files, and allows you to mirror sketch entities, features, faces, bodies, and components.
How do you mirror in SOLIDWORKS?
- In a part, click Mirror (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Mirror.
- In an assembly, click Assembly Features (Assembly tab on the CommandManager) and click Mirror , or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Mirror.
How do you mirror a part in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a mirrored, derived part:
- In an open part document, click a model face or plane about which to mirror the part.
- Click Insert > Mirror Part. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the source part to be included in the opposite-hand version.
Where is mirror entities in SOLIDWORKS?
Mirroring Sketch Entities as You Sketch Them
(Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Dynamic Mirror . Symmetry symbols appear at both ends of the line or edge. Create the sketch entities that you want to mirror. The entities are mirrored as you sketch them.
Can you mirror fillets in SOLIDWORKS?
You can mirror assembly features. After you add features (such as cuts, holes, and fillets) to an assembly, you can mirror them about a plane.
Which is a feature of mirroring?
To mirror a feature: Click Mirror on the Features toolbar or Insert, Pattern/Mirror, Mirror. Under Mirror Face/Plane , select a face or a plane in the graphics area. You can select features, the faces that comprise features, or a body with multibody parts.
How do you use the mirror tool on Onshape?
The Mirror tool creates a reflection of one or more selected sketch entities about a specific line. To use it, first, click and drag to select the entities that you wish to mirror. Next, click on the Mirror sketch tool, and then select the line that you wish to use to mirror the sketch entities.
Why is mirror part greyed out SOLIDWORKS?
If you see that the Mirror Part command is greyed out that is because you should pre-select the mirror face or plane. The Material checkbox in the Mirror Components PropertyManager is selected by default and lets you propagate the material of the mirrored part from the parent part.
How do you mirror sheet metal in SOLIDWORKS?
on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Mirror.
You can also:
- Mirror selected sheet metal features in the part.
- Create a second, mirrored sheet metal body in the part.
- Use the Insert > Mirror Part command to create a part that is an opposite-hand version of the original part.
Does SOLIDWORKS have mirror appearance?
If set to 1, the surface simulates a perfect mirror. Enables blurring of reflections on surfaces. The level of blurring is controlled by Specular Spread.
How do I edit a mirror in Solidworks?
To edit a mirror component feature: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click MirrorComponent and click Edit Feature . Make changes in the PropertyManager. Click .
- Add or delete components.
- Change the orientation of copied components.
- Change copied components to opposite-hand versions.
How do you delete a mirror in Solidworks?
Once the newly created mirror body is created, you can then delete the initial part with a delete bodies command. (Insert > Features > Delete/Keep Body). With the body now deleted, the process is complete and you can toggle between the right-hand and the left-hand configurations within the part.