Where is the Configuration tab in Solidworks?
In either a part or assembly document, click the ConfigurationManager tab at the top of the FeatureManager design tree to change to the ConfigurationManager. In the ConfigurationManager, right-click the part or assembly name and select Add Configuration.
How do I set configurations in Solidworks?
To add and edit configurations:
- Pause the pointer over a part or assembly template to display the configurations option.
- Click . …
- Click Add Configuration, type a configuration name, and click OK.
- Click to add instances of a configuration to the assembly.
What does configuration mean in Solidworks?
Configurations allow you to create multiple variations of a part or assembly model within a single document. Configurations provide a convenient way to develop and manage families of models with different dimensions, components, or other parameters.
What is derived configuration SOLIDWORKS?
Derived configurations allow you to create a parent-child relationship within a configuration. By default, all parameters in the child configuration are linked to the parent configuration. If you change a parameter in the parent configuration, the change automatically propagates to the child.
How do I change the configuration of SOLIDWORKS simulation?
Click the desired Simulation study tab. In the Simulation study tree, right-click the study icon and select Activate SW configuration. The study and the associated configuration become active.
How do I create a configuration table in SOLIDWORKS?
You can select design table settings when you insert a design table. The Dimensions dialog box appears after you select the Auto-create option in the Design Table PropertyManager and click OK. The SOLIDWORKS software asks you which dimensions you want to add to the design table.
How do I save a new configuration in Solidworks?
Save as Copy with a Subset of Configurations
- Open a model, right-click a configuration in the ConfigurationManager, and click Save Configurations.
- In the Save Configurations as a new Assembly/Part dialog box, select a configuration. …
- Click Save Selected.
- In the Save As dialog box, click Save.
How do I change the part configuration in SOLIDWORKS assembly?
To configure a component:
- In an assembly, right-click a component and click Configure Component .
- In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can: Create new assembly configurations. Change the component configuration used in each assembly configuration.
How do I delete a configuration in SOLIDWORKS?
Right-click the name of the configuration you want to delete, and select Delete. You are asked to confirm the deletion of the configuration. Click Yes. The selected configuration is deleted.