How do I rollback in Solidworks?
Rolling Back to Absorbed Features
In the FeatureManager design tree, click to expand the absorbed features within the parent feature. Right-click an absorbed feature, and select Rollback. A message appears that tells you the absorbed feature is temporarily unabsorbed for editing purposes. Click OK.
Can you roll back an assembly in Solidworks?
You can roll back reference geometry, sketches, component patterns, assembly features and in-context features. In general, rolling back assembly items behaves the same as rolling back features in parts.
How do you roll forward in Solidworks?
To roll a model forward: Right-click a rolled back feature in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Roll Forward.
How do I get old versions of PDM in SOLIDWORKS?
- Select the file.
- Do one of the following: Click Display > History . Select the version or revision and click Get. Click Actions > Get Latest Version . You can choose to work only with the latest versions of files by setting the Always work with latest version option.
What does SOLIDWORKS PDM do?
With SOLIDWORKS PDM, you can create and maintain a single data location and vault that can be accessed by users to store and retrieve files. With SOLIDWORKS PDM products, data is kept secure, up-to-date, and accessible. The system eliminates duplicate work and delays, while saving time and development costs.
How do I turn on the freeze bar in Solidworks?
To turn on the freeze bar, click Tools > Options > System Options > General and select Enable Freeze bar. To freeze features: Move the pointer over the freeze bar.
Which icon would you click to activate the Smart Dimension tool and add dimensions to a sketch?
To add dimensions, select the Smart Dimension command from the CommandManager, just next to the Sketch icon.
How do I open a PDM file in SOLIDWORKS?
- In SOLIDWORKS, click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the SOLIDWORKS Open dialog box, select a file type in Files of type.
- Select My Workgroup PDM Documents or Workgroup PDM Vault in the locations sidebar.
- Select options as described below, then click Open or Check Out.
How do I find my PDM version?
To determine the SOLIDWORKS PDM version, in the SOLIDWORKS PDM administration tool, click Help > About SOLIDWORKS PDM Administration .
- YYYY is the major version.
- SS is the service pack.
- BBBB is the build number.
How do I save a SOLIDWORKS file to an older version?
You cannot do a save as to an earlier version, and you cannot open the newer version with an older version of SOLIDWORKS, with one exception. You can open part and assembly files in read-only mode in Service Pack 5 of the previous release.