How do I fix the disappearing model in SketchUp?
Worse yet, objects may disappear or appear to shake when you try to zoom in.
These three steps will help you do that:
- Turn on all your layers in the Window > Layers menu.
- Unhide geometry using the Edit > Unhide all command.
- View all hidden geometry by clicking on View > Hidden Geometry.
Where is my model in SketchUp?
Go ctrl +a then move the image to show the full extent of the large bounding box, deselect everything, then right to left over the far end will select 3 components. Delete them and hit Zoom Extents and your model should appear.
How do I find missing components in SketchUp?
In Case Missing Component Option Panel
- Check if Window->Extension Manager -> Dynamic Component is Enabled.
- Download and reinstall the Dynamic Component Extension here.
- The Component Options panel is minimized.
- Restart Sketchup.
How do I reset SketchUp view?
“Camera” pull-down, click “field of view”, type-in “30”, hit enter… this should bring you back to default. You can also drag the spyglass to change the VCB (lower right-hand corner. Hope this helps, and welcome!
How do I go back to the axis in SketchUp?
If you’ve been moving the drawing axes hither and yon, you can move the axes back to their default position pretty easily. Simply context-click an axis and choose Reset from the menu that appears, as shown in the figure.
How do I unhide in SketchUp?
Now, if you want to unhide them, then go to the Edit menu of the menu bar, which is at the top of the working screen, and click on it. Here in the scroll-down list of it, you will find Unhide option.
How make SketchUp faster?
Like all SketchUp users, you want SketchUp to be fast.
Follow these tips to keep your model light and optimize SketchUp’s performance:
- Stick to simple styles. …
- Components are your friends. …
- Hide geometry you don’t currently need. …
- Choose JPEGs over TIFFs. …
- Disable fog and shadows. …
- Purge data that you don’t need anymore.
Why can’t I zoom in SketchUp?
You would switch to perspective, then zoom extents. There isn’t really anything different in 2020 in that regard, the same conditions should go wrong in SketchUp 8 or later. There is a change in either 2020 or 2020.1 that breaks the parallel projection camera and makes it impossible to zoom into geometry.
How do I find hidden groups in Sketchup?
To see the hidden geometry but keep it hidden, choose View > Hidden Geometry. All hidden entities appear in a ghosted pattern (as shown in the figure), allowing you to select them. Choose View > Hidden Geometry again to clear the option and make the ghost pattern disappear.