How do I open a closed sketch in SOLIDWORKS?
Open a sketch on a model face. Sketch an open profile with endpoints that are coincident with model edges on the same face boundary. Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Close Sketch to Model . An arrow points in the direction in which the sketch will close.
How do I reuse a sketch in SOLIDWORKS?
If you want to reuse the original sketch in another feature, simply make the sketch visible. When editing the sketch you can add contours and use them in the existing features and add new features to the new sketch entries.
Why can’t I see my sketch in SOLIDWORKS?
The trick is that the sketch has to be set to “Hide” in the part level, and then in the drawing level that sketch could be set to “Show” for any specific drawing view.
What is a closed sketch profile in Solidworks?
Closes a sketch with an open profile, using existing model edges. To use an open profile sketch to extrude using existing model edges: Open a sketch on a model face. Sketch an open profile with endpoints that are coincident with model edges on the same face boundary.
How do I repair a sketch in Solidworks?
To open the Repair Sketch tool: Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Repair Sketch. Repair Sketch deletes these from the sketch. Repair Sketch merges these into a single entity.
Can you save a sketch in SOLIDWORKS?
Saving a Sketch to a Block File
To save a sketch to a block file: Create a sketch. Click Save Sketch as Block (Blocks toolbar) or Tools > Blocks > Save .
How do you copy a whole sketch and reuse in SOLIDWORKS?
Copying and Pasting Entire Sketches
- Select the closed sketch in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C.
- Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch.
- Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
How do you duplicate sketches?
- Select the sketch entities to be copied (either left-click or window select).
- Right-click and select Copy.
- Click to deselect the copied entities. …
- Edit Sketch or Create Sketch so that sketch mode is active.
- Right-click and select Paste.
- A move dialog box appears to paste the sketch objects.
How do you join two lines in sketch?
Select two or more open paths and choose Layer > Path > Join from the menu to combine them into a single path. The bottom-most path will stay in position while the paths above it may move slightly to fit together.
How do I flip an image in sketch?
Flip Sketch Items
Finally, right‑click the selected item, hover over the Image, Area, or Label menu (depending on which type of item is selected), and click either Flip Vertically, or Flip Horizontally to flip the element accordingly.
How do I unhide a sketch in Solidworks?
Right-click the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show.
How do you view sketches in assembly?
Click one of the following:
- Hide/Show Items > View Sketches.
- View Sketches. (View toolbar)
- View > Hide/Show > Sketches.
How do you show lines in Solidworks drawing?
To display the model with hidden lines visible, do one of the following:
- Click Display Style > Hidden Lines Visible (Heads-up View toolbar).
- Hidden Lines Visible (View toolbar).
- View > Display > Hidden Lines Visible.