How do I move a cut line in SolidWorks?
To change the length or location of the section line, the length of the leader, or the position of the label: Select the cutting line or label and drag it. To edit the letter label on the section line, either: Double-click the letter label, edit in place, and click outside the label to exit.
How do you drag in SolidWorks?
The key is that you must press and hold the
How do you move parts in SolidWorks?
- Right-click the drawing name at the top of the FeatureManager design tree and select Move.
- Type a value in the X value or Y value box, and click Apply. All of the drawing entities move the specified distance in the X or Y direction.
- Click Close to exit the dialog box.
How do you move an object in SolidWorks?
In sketch mode, do one of the following:
- Click Move Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move.
- Click Copy Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy.
- Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
How do you shorten a line in Solidworks?
Modifying Lines by Dragging
- To change the length of the line, select one of the endpoints and drag to lengthen or shorten the line.
- To move the line, select the line and drag the line to another position.
How do you extend a line in Solidworks?
Modifying a Section Line Before Creating the View
- Double-click a drawing view and sketch a line (or multiple lines for an aligned section view) in the view. …
- With the line or lines selected, click Insert > Make Section Line.
- Select the section line. …
- Make any changes in the PropertyManager.
- Do one of the following:
How do you drag and move in SOLIDWORKS?
- Select a view (the pointer changes to. ) and press Alt while dragging.
- Select the edge of a view (the pointer changes to. ), then drag.
How do you move a part in SOLIDWORKS 2021?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
Can you move a feature in SOLIDWORKS?
You can move or copy features by dragging them in the model and from one model to another. Features can only be moved if they are not constrained by dimensions or relations.
How do I move laterally in Solidworks?
Moving the Camera
- Press Alt + middle mouse button and drag.
- On the main toolbar, click Camera Tools > Pan , then click and drag.
How do you move sideways in Solidworks?
Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. You can set the arrow key increments. Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
How do you move a section view in Solidworks?
Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view. Move the pointer over the boundary of a view to highlight the boundary, or select the view. When the move pointer. is displayed, drag the view to a new location.