How do I edit a plane in SolidWorks?
Select the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and click Edit, Sketch Plane. Right-click the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Edit Sketch Plane . Select a new plane in the FeatureManager design tree or select a new planar face in the model for Sketch Plane/Face . Click OK .
How do you change planes in SolidWorks 2019?
To change a sketch plane in a configuration:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a sketch and select Edit Sketch Plane. …
- Do one of the following: …
- Under Configurations, select the configurations to which you want the new sketch plane to apply: This configuration, All configurations, or Specify configurations.
How do you reference a plane in SolidWorks?
- Click Plane (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane .
- In the PropertyManager, select an entity for First Reference . …
- Select a Second Reference and Third Reference as necessary to define the plane. …
- Click .
How can I change my plane?
To change planes for a connecting flight, start by asking a flight attendant on your flight or reviewing the Departures board in the airport to find your departure gate number. Then, if your luggage hasn’t been checked through to your final destination, pick it up from baggage claim and go back through security.
How do you change the plane in Solidworks 3D sketch?
To change the coordinate system for your 3D sketch, click the required sketch tool, hold down the Ctrl key, and click a plane, a planar face, or a user-defined coordinate system.
How do you change the front plane to the top plane in SolidWorks?
To change the plane, right click on the sketch in the Feature Manager and select the Edit Sketch Plane Icon. When you do, the Edit Sketch Plane command opens. To change the plane, right click in the window and clear the selections.
How do you change XYZ in SolidWorks?
To specify the up axis for view orientation:
- Open a model.
- Click View Orientation (View toolbar).
- In the Orientation dialog box, click the Up Axis flyout and select an option: Apply Y-up views. Uses the Y-axis as the up orientation for views. Apply Z-up views. Uses the Z-axis as the up orientation for views.
How do I change the sketch plane in Fusion 360?
How to redefine the sketch plane for a sketch in Fusion 360
- Right clicking the sketch icon in the timeline.
- Click Redefine Sketch Plane.
- Re-select the geometry reference to use as the new sketch plane.
- Click OK.
What is a plane in Solidworks?
SolidWorks provides Front, Top, and Right planes as defaults. The orientations (Front, Top, Right, and so on) relate to these planes. Planes are used for sketching and for creating geometry for features.
How do you make a reference plane?
Use the Line tool or the Pick Line tool to draw a reference plane.
- On the ribbon, click (Reference Plane). Architecture tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) Structure tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) …
- To draw a line: On the Draw panel, click (Line). …
- To pick an existing line: On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).