What does duplicate in Revit mean?
Duplicate creates a duplicate view with no annotations. ( doesn’t copy annotations) Duplicate with detailing creates a duplicate view including the annotations. The annotation after the “create” are independent of each other. ( Copies annotations, but doesn’t reflect new annotations to copied from view)
What does it mean to duplicate a view as a dependent in Revit?
Duplicating as a dependent will create identical copies of the original view, the new views are also tied to the original view as child objects. What this means is if you add a dimension in the ordinal view all dependent views will also have the new dimension.
What is the difference between duplicate and duplicate with detailing in Revit?
The Duplicate option creates a duplicate view of the model elements within the view. The Duplicate with detailing option creates a duplicate view including the detail and annotations elements. They are independent from elements of the parent view.
How do you duplicate a view?
Create a copy of a view
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view you want to copy.
- In the VIEW column, click View Settings.
- Click Copy view.
- Give this a new view name. Use a distinct name, so you can distinguish it from the original view.
- Click Copy View.
What would be the best workflow when using massing tools in Revit?
You can create wall, floor, or roof elements by modeling them using the create tools on the Architecture tab or by using the Model by Face tool on the Massing & Site tab. It is typically best to start by converting the mass floors in your conceptual model into Revit building elements.
How do you duplicate in Revit?
To duplicate a view, right-click the view title in the Project Browser. The 3 duplicate options are listed. When you select the “duplicate” option, an exact duplicate of the view is created, without the annotation and detailing items. With duplicate, only the model geometry of the view is included.
How do you duplicate a schedule in Revit?
Duplicate a Schedule
- Right-Click the schedule name in the Project Browser.
- In the context menu select Duplicate. Note: If the schedule has been split across sheets into segments, an additional selection will be available, Duplicate with Segments. This will duplicate the schedule and retain the segments created.
How do you duplicate a floor in Revit?
- Copy to Clipboard (CTRL+C) or from the Modify ribbon>Clipboard panel, choose Copy.
- On the Modify ribbon > Clipboard, click the drop down arrow under the Paste command.
- Select “Aligned to Selected Levels”
- Choose the Target level (i.e. Level 2)
- Switch to a 3D View to see the results.
What is a face based family?
Face-based. Use the face-based template to create work plane-based families that can modify their hosts. Families created from the template can make complex cuts in hosts. Instances of these families can be placed on any surface, regardless of its orientation. See Creating a Work Plane-based Family.
How do you create a dependent view in Revit?
Create Dependent Views
- In the Project Browser, select the view for which you want to create dependent views. …
- Click View tab Create panel Duplicate View drop-down Duplicate as Dependent, or right-click the view name, and click Duplicate View Duplicate as a Dependent.
How do you copy a view in Revit?
Copying Drafting Views & Schedules
- Select a drafting view or schedule in the project browser.
- Right-click and choose ‘Copy to Clipboard’
How do you duplicate multiple views in Revit?
It’s real easy to duplicate views in Revit. Simply select the view in the project browser, right-click and choose “Duplicate View” from the list.