How do I create a section in Catia v5?
Creating 3D Section Cuts
- Select Insert > Sectioning from the menu bar, or click Sectioning in the DMU Space Analysis toolbar and create a section plane. …
- In the Definition tab, click Volume Cut to obtain a section cut:
How do I create a section view?
To create a section view manually:
- Click Section View. (Drawing toolbar), or Insert > Drawing View > Section. …
- To create a section view manually, click Edit sketch to display the Insert Line PropertyManager.
- Sketch a section line. …
- Click to place the view.
How do I cut parts in Catia v5?
Cutting the Part by the Sketch Plane
- Double-click Sketch. 2 from the geometry. …
- Move the sketch so that you can see the whole part.
- Click Cut Part by Sketch Plane from the Visualization toolbar.
How do I create a detail view in Catia?
Creating a Detail View / Detail View Profile
- In the Drawing window, click Detail View in the Views toolbar ( Details sub-toolbar). …
- Click the callout center. …
- Drag to select the callout radius and click a point to end the selection. …
- Click to generate the detail view.
How do you move a section view in Catia?
Go to Tools->Options ( Mechanical Design -> Drafting option at the left of the dialog box , Layout tab) and check the View name and Scaling factor options.
Moving One View
- Click the view to be moved.
- Drag the clicked view to the new location.
- Release the mouse button when you want to position the view.
How do you create a section in CAD?
To Create a Full Section View
- Click Layout tab Create View panel Section drop-down Full. …
- Click the view you want to use as the parent view. …
- Click in the drawing area to indicate the start point of the section line. …
- Click in the drawing area to indicate the end point of the section line.
How are section lines shown?
Rule 1: A section lined area is always completely bounded by a visible outline. Rule 2: The section lines in all areas should be parallel. Section lines shown in opposite directions indicate a different part. Rule 3: All the visible edges behind the cutting plane should be shown.
How do section views work?
A sectional view or a section looks inside an object. Sections are used to clarify the interior construction of a part that can not be clearly described by hidden lines in exterior views. By taking an imaginary cut through the object and removing a portion, the inside features may be seen more clearly.
How do I cut a view in Catia?
Creating an Offset Section View / Cut
- In the Drawing window, click Offset Section View in the Views toolbar ( Sections sub-toolbar). If desired, you can also click Offset Section Cut . …
- Create the first point of the profile. …
- Choose the constraint. …
- Double-click to end the cutting profile creation.
What is the difference between split and trim in Catia?
Split versus Trim
The main difference between these two commands is that Split is only cutting specific surfaces while Trim will cut all surfaces involved in the operation.
How do I cut an assembly in Catia?
Reusing Assembly Design Splits
In this case, you just need to select the existing assembly split, click the Assembly Split icon and then select a face. Only the Assembly Features Definition dialog box appears to let you determine the parts of interest.
How do I overload properties in Catia?
To access the Overload Properties, right click on the front view -> front view object -> Overload Properties.
- After clicking the overload properties, we can click the drawing to select the assemblies related.
- In Overload Properties, we can change line line color, line type, thickness, visibility, etc.
How do I leave a scene in Catia?
You can exit Enhanced Scene context and return to Assembly context at any time. In Enhanced Scenes toolbar, click the Exit Scene icon . You exit the Enhanced Scene context. You will now be back in Assembly context.