How do you select an object in FreeCAD?
In the tree view items can be selected, or deselected, one at a time, by holding the Ctrl key and clicking with the mouse. A range of items can be selected by clicking on the first item, holding Shift, and clicking on the last item. Selecting a single item will also show its properties in the property editor.
What is a datum plane in FreeCAD?
In FreeCAD the word “Datum” is normally used to refer to auxiliary geometry in the PartDesign Workbench. These geometrical elements will not form part of the final Shape of the Body, but can be used as references and supports for sketches and other types of features.
How do you set a work plane in Freecad?
Usage with post-selection
- Press the Draft SelectPlane button in the Draft Tray. Depending on the current working plane this button can look different.
- Select the Utilities → Select Plane option from the menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: W then P.
How do you select multiple on Freecad?
you can select multiple items by holding strg-key pressed during clicking the objects.
How do you cut in Freecad?
to cut the shape. Double click a solid on 3D view to select it. Then click the cut plane with Ctrl key to select it. to cut the shape.
How do I select a face on Freecad?
Re: Simple selection and de-selection (edges, faces)
Shift+select usually selects a whole range, as you can see in the tree when selecting the first element and then while holding shift one of the last items. If you want to select/deselect single items you use the Control key instead of shift (cmd on a mac).
How do you make a 3D sketch in FreeCAD?
FreeCAD: How to create solid from a sketch?
- Click [File]-[New] in menu bar and create new document .
- Move to Part Design workbench.
- Select “New Sketch” …
- Select “Circle” …
- Click the center of the circle and the center becomes selected state(green color). …
- Coordinates of the center point are displayed on 3D View as numbers.
How do you use a datum plane?
Datum planes are used as a reference on a part where a reference does not already exist. For example, you can sketch or place features on a datum plane when there is no other appropriate planar surface. You can also use a datum plane as a reference to place set datum tag annotations.