How do you add components to Fusion 360?
Open the design that everything will inserted into (the ‘Assembly’ file). Open the data panel.
Select Insert into Current Design.
- All bodies, components, and sketches from that file will now be inserted into the Assembly file.
- Move the model into the desired position.
- Click OK.
How do you add a new component in Fusion?
Create new components from existing bodies
- In the browser, expand the Bodies folder.
- Select the bodies you want to convert to components.
- Right-click, then select Create Components from Bodies . Note: You can also right-click the Bodies folder to select and convert all of the bodies within it.
How do you insert multiple parts in Fusion 360?
How to insert multiple duplicate McMaster-Carr components into a Fusion 360 design
- Insert one copy of the desired component.
- Right click the component in the workspace.
- Click Copy.
- Right click anywhere in the workspace and select paste.
- Move the new component to the desired location.
Does Fusion 360 have a parts library?
Fusion 360 uses the McMaster-Carr website as its standard parts library. McMaster-Carr can be accessed directly in Fusion 360: Go to the ribbon, in the Insert pane, select Insert McMaster-Carr Component. In the Insert McMaster-Carr Component dialog box, navigate to the part to insert.
Does Fusion 360 have assemblies?
An Assembly is a collection of components that function as a single design in Fusion 360. There is no special file type for assemblies in Fusion 360, so each design can contain: A single component comprised of bodies. An assembly of components and nested subcomponents.
How do you use assembly in Fusion 360?
- Create a new design for the assembly and save it.
- Right click on one of the components in the data panel, then click “Insert into current design”.
- Select a location for the component, then click ok.
- After the component is imported, it can be assembled by using the joint command.
How do I use the library in Fusion 360?
Importing a Tool Library in Fusion 360
In the CAM Tool Library dialog box, right-click either the Local or Cloud library tabs to the left of the window. This will give the option to import a tool library. The options to import or create a library will not become active unless ‘Cloud’ or ‘Local’ libraries are selected.
How do I create a tool library in Fusion 360?
To create a new, custom-defined library:
- Go to the Manufacture workspace.
- Select Manage -> Tool Library.
- Right-Click on the Local folder.
- Select New Tool Library.