How do I create a shape from a surface in AutoCAD?
Connect to your SHP file first so you can create a polygon for the exact area that you want to query. In Civil 3D, go to Home>Create Ground Data>Surfaces>Create Surface from GIS Data.
How do you extract points from contours in Civil 3D?
You have the ability in Civil 3D to extract objects from a Surface. Things such as Contours, Points, etc. You can do this using the _AeccSurfaceExtractObjects command. This will bring up a dialog box that lists what can be extracted.
How do you make a tin surface from points?
To Create a TIN Surface
- Click Home tab Create Ground Data panel Surfaces drop-down Create Surface Find. …
- Click to select a layer. …
- In the properties grid, click the Value column for the Name property and enter a name for the surface.
How do I add COGO points to a surface in Civil 3D?
To add COGO points to surface data, add point groups. For more information, see Point Groups. In the Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Add. In the Add Points From Drawing Objects dialog box, select the object type from the Object Type list.
How do I export a surface to a shape?
Click on the surface, from contextual ribbon click on Extract Objects. In the Extract Objects from Surface leave only Minor or Major contour checked (depending what kind of contour line you want to extract). Type MAPEXPORT and export this Line data out to a . shp file.
How do I create a shape file in Civil 3d?
To Export SHP Files
- At the command line, enter MAPEXPORT and press
- In the Export Location dialog box, select the ESRI Shapefile format and a location for the exported files. …
- In the Export dialog box, specify how to export objects. …
- On the Selection tab, specify the objects to export.
How do I make a surface from GIS data?
To Create a Surface From GIS Data
- Click Home tab Create Ground Data panel Surfaces drop-down Create Surface From GIS Data Find.
- On the Object Options page of the Import GIS Data wizard, specify the standard properties for the new surface object.
How do you create a point group in Civil 3D?
To Create a Point Group Using the Basic Method
- Click Home tab Create Ground Data panel Points menu Create Point Group .
- In the Point Group Properties dialog box, on the Information tab, enter a name, description, default styles, and a layer for the point group.
What is TIN surface in Civil 3D?
A TIN surface comprises the triangles that form a triangulated irregular network. TIN lines form the triangles that make up the surface triangulation. To create TIN lines, AutoCAD Civil 3D connects the surface points that are closest together.