How do I save a specific part of Solidworks?
To save one or more component instances as a new file: In an assembly, in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component or Ctrl + select multiple components and click Make Independent . In the dialog box, click OK when prompted to save the component with a new name.
How do you save individual parts in assembly in Solidworks?
Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.
How do I export a solidworks body?
To export a multibody part document:
- With a multibody part document open, select at least one face or solid body in the graphics area, or one solid body from the Solid Bodies folder in the FeatureManager design tree, and click Save As. …
- Set the Save as type to the desired file type and click Save.
How do you save an isolated component in Solidworks?
To isolate components that share a mate, right-click the mate in the FeatureManager design tree and click Isolate. Select a component to edit and click Edit Part or Edit Assembly . Optional: Click Save as Display State to save the display characteristics to a new display state.
How do I save virtual components as standard parts?
To save a virtual component: Do one of the following: Close an assembly that contains unsaved virtual parts or assemblies. Right-click a virtual component and select Save Part(in External File) or Save Assembly(in External File).
How do you save a Solidworks assembly as a step File?
STEP Export Options
- Click File > Save As.
- Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK.
- Click Save to export the document.
How do you separate parts in assembly in Solidworks?
To split bodies:
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save.
How do I save a component?
- Right-click the component and select Save As. The Save Component dialog opens.
- In Path, browse to the location where you want to save your component: …
- In Name, type a name for the new component.
- In Summary, enter a brief description about the purpose of your component.
How do you save a multi body part in assembly in SolidWorks?
To save a part as an assembly and create instance counts from similar bodies:
- Click Insert > Features > Save Bodies.
- In the Save Bodies PropertyManager, under Create Assembly, select Derive resulting parts from similar bodies or cut list.
How do you save a STL body in SolidWorks?
Create your part in SolidWorks. Once it is complete, click File, then click Save As. When you click ‘Save As’ and then select STL under ‘Save As Type’ a button labeled ‘Options…’ appears near the bottom of the ‘Save As’ window. Click the button and an ‘Export Options’ window opens.
How do you create a body in SolidWorks?
To convert features to bodies and surfaces:
- Open an assembly file, such as the HousingAssy. …
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click Housing and click Open Part . …
- At the top of the FeatureManager design tree, right-click Housing and click Convert to Bodies.
- In the dialog box: …
- Click Window > HousingAssy.
What does save selection do in Solidworks?
You can select multiple entities in a model or drawing and save the selections as a selection set that you can return to at any time.