What is a Revit Matchline?
Using a Matchline helps break a large project into smaller parts to accomplish one primary goal. We want to always keep the drawing at a scale that is legible and clear when we create sheets. First, we’ll create a floor plan. … To do this, make a duplicate of the floor plan “As Dependent”.
How do you edit a Matchline in Revit?
Modify a Matchline
- Open any view in which the matchline is visible, and select the matchline.
- Click Modify | Matchline tab Mode panel (Edit Sketch).
- Edit the sketch line as necessary.
- When finished, click Finish Edit Mode.
How do I add a Matchline in Revit 2020?
Add a Matchline
- Open the primary view from which your dependent views were created.
- If crop regions are not visible, click (Show Crop Region) on the View Control Bar. …
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Matchline).
- Sketch the matchline.
- When finished, click Finish Matchline.
What is dependent view in Revit?
You can create multiple copies of a view that are dependent on the primary view. All copies, known as dependent views, remain synchronous with the primary view and all other dependent views, so that when view-specific changes (such as view scale and annotations) are made in one view, they are reflected in all views.
How do you reference a view in Revit?
Reference sections can reference section views, callouts of section views, and drafting views. To create a reference section: Click View tab Create panel (Section). On the Options Bar, select Reference other view, and select a section, callout of a section, or drafting view name from the drop-down menu next to it.
Is Matchline one word or two?
is match line one word or two? YES! YES!
What is match line in drawing?
A match line is a line on a design drawing that projects a location or distance from one portion of the drawing to another portion of the drawing.