How do you change dimension precision?
To Change the Precision of Dimensions (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- In the drawing area, select the dimensions you want to edit. …
- To change the precision of primary units, specify the number of decimals to round off to, in the box adjacent to Power Dimensioning tab Dim Text panel Primary Precision Find.
How do you set tolerances in Revit?
Set Tolerance Defaults
- Click Tools tab Options panel Document Settings .
- In the Default Tolerance tab of the Document Settings dialog box, choose either or both of the following: …
- Click Apply to apply the settings and continue working in the Document Settings dialog box, or click OK to finish and exit the command.
How do you fix dimensions in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
How do you increase precision in Solidworks?
To change the precision: Do one of the following: Click the arrow to the right of the column headers and click Unit Precision. Right-click any column header and click Unit Precision.
How accurate is Revit?
Revit uses double precision numbers for all calculations (as do all CAD systems), and they are only good to around 14 or 15 digits. … Other programs allow more decimal digits but they do try to fake (unsuccessfully) more precision than they can really provide.
Where are settings in Revit?
To open the Settings dialog: In the Add-Ins tab Advance Steel Extension panel, click (Settings). Exports objects using the Revit view settings.
How do you unlock dimensions in Revit?
Clicking on the lock switches it between the locked and unlocked states. Once a dimension is locked, you must unlock it to change its value. Tip: You can also switch the locked/unlocked state of the lock by right-clicking on it and choosing Toggle.
What is the Revit family file format?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. These RFA files are generally classified as data files that contain one or more 3D models that can be imported into a three dimensional scene and were created and saved using the Revit Family Editor.