How do I create a template in Revit 2021?
Create a Project Template
- On the Home page, under Models, click New. …
- In the New Project dialog, under Template file, select: …
- Under Create new, select Project template.
- Click OK. …
- Define settings.
- Create any geometry that will be used as a base in future projects.
- Click File tab Save.
How do you make a model of the central model?
Create a Central Model from an Existing Workshared Model
- Open the existing workshared file.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, rename the file, and click Options.
- In the File Save Options dialog, select Make this a Central Model after save.
- Select a default workset for local copies.
How do you create a central model in Revit?
- Open the project file (RVT) to use as the central model.
- Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Worksets). …
- If desired, rename the worksets.
- In the Worksharing dialog, click OK. …
- In the Worksets dialog, click OK. …
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
What should be included in a Revit template?
Consider these recommendations and guidelines when creating custom project templates.
- Content location. …
- Naming standards. …
- Annotation. …
- Title blocks. …
- Viewport types. …
- Content. …
- Views/Schedules/Sheets. …
- View types/Browser sorting.
What goes into a Revit template?
A project template can include view templates, loaded families, defined settings (such as units, fill patterns, line styles, line weights, view scales, and more), and geometry, if desired.
What is a Revit central model?
Enabling worksharing involves creating a master project model, known as a central model, from an existing model. The central model stores the current ownership information for all worksets and elements in the project, and acts as the distribution point for all changes made to the model.
What is local file in Revit?
Use this procedure if you have already opened the central model, and you want to create a local copy of it. Click File tab Save As (Project). In the Save As dialog, navigate to the desired location on the Revit Server network or on your hard drive. Enter a name for the file, and click Save.
What is worksharing monitor for Revit?
Worksharing Monitor facilitates the use of Revit software in a file-based worksharing environment, in which multiple people work on one project. Worksharing Monitor is available to Revit Autodesk subscribers.
What is Revit collaboration?
Revit provides several different ways to collaborate with team members who are also using the software. You can link multiple Revit models together, allowing team members to work in context. Through worksharing, users on the same local area network (LAN) can work together in the same Revit model.
How does Revit worksharing work?
Worksharing is a design method that allows multiple team members to work on the same project model at the same time. On many projects, team members are assigned a specific functional area to work on. Revit projects can be subdivided into worksets to accommodate such environments.
Where are Revit templates?
The default location for templates will be within the path C:ProgramDataAutodeskRVT ####Templates. If the desired path does not exist, it can be set up in Windows explorer. If using a custom Revit. ini file, review the stored settings.
How do I use a Revit template?
Location of project templates
- Create the project templates that you want to include in the list.
- Click File tab Options.
- Click the File Locations tab.
- Add one or more templates to the Project templates list, as follows: Click (Add Value). …
- Rearrange the list to put templates in the desired order.