What file types can you import into Lumion?
Lumion supports most common CAD and BIM software.
The supported model file formats are as follows:
- DAE (Collada)
- SKP (SketchUp)
- MAX (Requires a 3ds Max installation)
How do I import to Lumion 10?
With the Import menu selected, perform the following steps:
- Select the Edit materials menu.
- Then click on the small white dot on the 3D model to select the model.
- Click on the Reload model and re apply materials button, as you can see in the following screenshot:
- Click on the OK button to accept the changes.
Can’t import SKP file to Lumion?
Unfortunately the SketchUp developers changed the . SKP file format in version 2018 which made it incompatible with Lumion 7.5 and older versions. To resolve the problem, simply save the . SKP format as a SketchUp 2017 file in SketchUp 2018 and import that version in Lumion.
How do I import a FBX file into Lumion?
- Download and install AutoDesk’s free FBX converter.
- Convert the Revit FBX file to FBX 2010 or 2011.
- Import the FBX file in Lumion (It’s white but better than nothing I guess)
- Apply Lumion materials to the model and manually add the correct textures/UV scale.
Which Lumion version is best?
There are two options: Lumion and Lumion Pro. Lumion is a standard version with most of the features and content. Lumion PRO is the most ideal version for professional studios as you have access to all the features and content.
How much RAM does Lumion need?
|A PC with this hardware can handle complex designs and projects, such as:||A large park or part of a city. A large home with detailed interiors made up of several models and HD textures. A detailed landscape with a few highly detailed components.|
|System memory (RAM)||16 GB or more|
Is Lumion compatible with blender?
Please note that Lumion does not officially support Blender.
What are Collada files?
COLLADA is an XML-based schema that enables you to transfer data among 3D digital content creation tools, such as SketchUp, Maya, 3ds Max, and Rhino. COLLADA files use the . dae file extension, which stands for digital asset exchange. In SketchUp, you can import and export COLLADA files pretty easily.
Which is better 3ds Max or Lumion?
When comparing quality of ongoing product support, reviewers felt that Lumion is the preferred option. … For feature updates and roadmaps, our reviewers preferred the direction of Lumion over 3ds Max Design.
Why is Lumion not importing model?
Make sure that your model is close to 0,0,0 in your 3D/CAD software before you import the model in Lumion. 1.2. If the problem persists, something on your PC is most likely preventing Lumion from saving the Imported Model files to Documents/Lumion (VERSION)/Library.