How do you add topography in Revit?
In Revit, link the topography to the current model as follows:
- Specify coordinates for the building model. …
- Open a plan view or a 3D view for the building model. …
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Topography).
- In the Link Topography dialog, navigate to the topography. …
- Select the desired topography, and click Link.
How do I create a topographic from DWG in Revit?
Create a 3D Toposurface from the inserted DWG file:
- Click the Toposurface tool on the Site tab of the Design bar.
- On the Design bar, click Use Imported > Import Instance.
- Select the DWG file.
- Select the layers to add points from.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish Surface.
What is the use of Toposurface in Revit?
The Toposurface tool defines a topographical surface (a toposurface) using points or imported data. You can create toposurfaces in 3D views or site plans. Watch these videos to learn how to create and work with toposurfaces, subregions, and graded regions. Create a toposurface by placing points in the drawing area.
How do you add thickness to topography in Revit?
To create the thickness you either create a copy of the 3D view or work in the default 3D view. 2. You then switch on the section box in view properties dialog. slightly into your 3D surface until you see you Topography Cut pattern appears.
Where are Revit site settings?
To access the Site Settings dialog, click the dialog launcher on the Model Sight panel. In the Site Settings dialog, you can modify the contour line display by adding contours. To do this, click Insert. Change the Start, Stop, and Increments values and select the desired Range Type and Subcategory.
What is building pad in Revit?
You add a building pad by sketching a closed loop on a toposurface. After sketching the pad, you can specify a value to control the height offset from the level and other properties. … You then sketch a pad on the surface at an offset of –20 meters from the surface.
How do you cut topography in Revit?
Split a Toposurface
- Open a site plan or 3D view.
- Click Site tab Modify Site panel (Split Surface).
- In the drawing area, select the toposurface to split. …
- Click Modify | Split Surface tab Draw panel (Pick Lines), or use other sketch tools to split the toposurface.
How do you make topography in AutoCAD?
To Add Contour Lines
- In Display Manager , right-click a surface layer, and select Create Contour Layer.
- In the Generate Contour dialog box, enter a name for the new Display Manager layer that will contain the contour lines.
How do you add topography in AutoCAD?
Go to Insert Tab on the Ribbon and select Link CAD (or Ipmort CAD doesn’t seem to matter here) and browse to find the Topography file you saved from AutoCAD. Now and finally go to Massing and Site Tab on the Ribbon and select Topo Surface. Click on “Create from Import” and click on the imported topography from AutoCAD.