How do I create assembly in Civil 3D?
Click Home tab >> Create Design panel >> Assembly drop-down >> Create Assembly . In the Create Assembly dialog box, for name, enter Primary Road Full Section. Click OK. When the ‘Specify assembly baseline location’ prompt is displayed on the command line, click in the rectangle under the profile views.
How do I make an assembly in Autocad?
In a drawing, place the plant objects you want in an assembly. At the Command prompt, enter wblock. In the Write Block dialog box, select Objects.
To create and use assemblies
- In the Name list, click the assembly you just created, or click Browse to locate the drawing.
- In the lower-left corner, select Explode.
- Click OK.
How do I copy an assembly in Civil 3D?
In the drawing area, right-click the assembly baseline and click Basic Modify Tools Copy. At the command line, you are prompted to specify a base point for the assembly. Pick an insertion point in the drawing area. The assembly is copied in the drawing and added as a new assembly to Assemblies collection.
How do I mirror a civil assembly in Civil 3D?
On the assembly, right-click on the BasicLane subassembly and click Mirror. The BasicLane subassembly is inserted on the left side of the assembly. Note that the Mirror option is only available for subassemblies that contain a Side parameter.
How do you make assemblies?
To create an assembly in the drawing by inserting an assembly from a tool palette
- To display the Tool Palettes window: Click Home tab Palettes panel .
- Open the tool palette containing the desired assembly.
- On the tool palette, click the assembly, and then click a location in the drawing. Press Enter to end the command.
Does AutoCAD have assembly?
An assembly is an AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing object (AECCAssembly) that manages a collection of subassembly objects. Together, assemblies and subassemblies function as the basic building blocks of a roadway or other alignment-based design.
How do you edit assemblies in Civil 3D?
To Copy or Edit Assembly Styles
- In Toolspace, on the Settings tab, expand the Assembly Styles collection and right-click an existing style.
- Click Copy or Edit.
- In the Assembly Style dialog box, click the Information tab and enter a new name and description for the assembly style.
How do you edit an assembly in Civil 3D?
Error loading video source.
- Open the Parts Editor to the Parts tab.
- Select an Assembly in the Navigation Panel and right-click.
- Click New.
- The new assembly appears in the Navigation Panel with a generic name.
- In the Base Parts tab, give the new assembly a unique name.
- Review the Base Parts tab.
How do I add a subassembly to assembly in Civil 3D?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, select the Assemblies collection.
- In the drawing, click the Main Road assembly baseline. …
- In the Assembly Properties dialog box, on the Construction tab, expand the collections in the Item tree. …
- In the Item tree, click the LaneSuperelevationAOR – (Right) (1) subassembly.
How do I add sub assembly tool palette?
To add a subassembly or assembly to a tool palette
- Click Home tab Palettes panel Tool Palettes Find.
- Switch to the tool palette you want to add the subassembly or assembly to, or create a new tool palette.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Content Browser Find.
- Navigate to the catalog containing the desired assembly.