How do I resize an object in SketchUp for free?
Sketchup Resize Components
- To scale only one instance of a component, select the component.
- To scale all instances of a component in your model, double click the component and then select an entity within that component.
- To resize an object and distort some of its dimensions, use the Scale tool.
How do you scale an object?
To scale one or more objects, first select the objects to be scaled and choose the Scale tool. With the Scale tool active, click and drag anywhere on the canvas to resize the selected objects. Hold the Shift ⇧ key while resizing to scale the object only horizontally or vertically.
How do you scale down an object?
To scale an object to a smaller size, you simply divide each dimension by the required scale factor. For example, if you would like to apply a scale factor of 1:6 and the length of the item is 60 cm, you simply divide 60 / 6 = 10 cm to get the new dimension.
How do you make an object smaller in Vectorworks?
To resize an object:
- Select the object or objects to change.
- Click the Fixed Point Resize tool from the Basic palette.
- Click the point in the drawing to serve as the fulcrum.
- Click an object edge and drag the object into its new size, shape, and/or location.