How do you change spacing in Revit?
Use the Building/Space Type Settings dialog to create, duplicate, rename, or delete space types.
- Click Manage tab Settings tab MEP Settings Building/Space Type Settings. …
- Click Space Type, and select a type from the list. …
- In the right panel, adjust individual parameters as needed.
What is the difference between rooms and spaces in Revit?
In Revit, architects use rooms and areas to divide a building model by usage, occupancy, or other criteria. … Rooms are not affected by space separation lines. Spaces are measured from the wall finish face. Spaces use the computation height that is defined in the architectural model.
How do you make a linked model room bounding in Revit?
This setting allows you to place rooms whose boundaries are defined by elements in both models.
- In a plan view of the host model, select the linked model symbol. …
- Click Modify | RVT Links tab Properties panel (Type Properties).
- In the Type Properties dialog, select Room Bounding.
- Click OK.
How do you show spaces in Revit?
Make Spaces Visible
- Click in the floor plan or section view to make it active, and enter VG on the keyboard. …
- On the Model Categories tab of the Visibility Graphics dialog, scroll down to Spaces.
- Expand Spaces, select Interior and Reference (if you want to display reference crosshairs), and click OK.
What is room bounding in Revit?
When you turn on the Room Bounding parameter for a model element, Revit uses the element as a boundary for a room. This boundary is used to compute the area and volume of the room.
What does Revit do when you select Place spaces automatically?
Place Spaces Automatically
- Click Analyze tab Spaces & Zones panel Space. …
- On the Options Bar, specify the Upper Limit and Offset that will be applied to all of the spaces created.
- Click Modify | Place Space tab Spaces panel Place Spaces Automatically.
- Repeat these steps for each level in the model.