How do I make an editable workset?
Change the Editable Status of a Workset
- Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Worksets).
- In the Worksets dialog, click the Editable value next to the workset name, and select Yes or No. …
- Click OK to close the Worksets dialog.
How do I make an editable worksheet in Revit?
In the drawing area, right-click an element, and click Make Worksets Editable. In the Project Browser, right-click a project view, and click Make Workset Editable. In the Project Browser, right-click a sheet view, and click Make Workset Editable With All Views.
How do I edit family worksets in Revit?
Expand the Families branch, right-click on the Family name, and select Make Workset Editable, as shown in here. A family workset made editable cannot be changed by any other user. The owner must release it and synchronize it with the central file before anyone else can modify it.
How do you borrow a workset in Revit?
- Select an element that is not editable by you. …
- Click (Make element editable) in the drawing area, or right-click the element, and click Make Elements Editable. …
- In the Error dialog, click Place Request. …
- The owner receives automatic notification of your request.
What is Worksets?
A workset is a collection of elements in a workshared project. You can create worksets based on functional areas, such as the following: For architecture and structural engineering: interior, exterior, and site. For systems: HVAC, electrical, or plumbing.
How do I change the view in Revit?
Modify a View on a Sheet
- Open the sheet.
- In the drawing area, select a view on the sheet. …
- Click Modify | Viewports tab Viewport panel (Activate View). …
- Modify the view as desired. …
- To deactivate the view on the sheet, double-click outside of the view, or right-click, and click Deactivate View.
How do Revit Worksets work?
When you make a workset editable in Revit, you are taking exclusive ownership of all objects in it. Only one user can exclusively edit each workset at a given time. All team members can view worksets owned by other team members, but they cannot always make changes to them.
How do you edit a title block in Revit?
Open a title block for editing, using one of the following methods: Open a project that contains sheets that use the title block (or a project into which you have loaded the title block). In the Project Browser, expand Families Annotation Symbols. Right-click the name of the title block to modify, and click Edit.
What does not editable mean?
Editable means only you can modify the element no one else can edit them. Non-editable means no one has them and anyone can edit them.
What does it mean when a workset is not editable?
Item #2 is for taking ownership of a bookshelf (workset), which isn’t necessary or appropriate most of the time. … For now, remember that seeing (Not Editable) means you have NOT taken ownership of any User Created Worksets…and that’s GOOD.
What is the purpose of worksets in Revit?
You can control overall visibility in a project when you link Revit models into other Revitprojects. For example, it is often convenient to turn off visibility of the Shared Levels and Grids workset when linking models so that you do not have to turn off levels and grids individually in each view.
Why are Revit Worksets greyed out?
You need to select Collaborate then choose Collaborate within your network and this will enable worksets. It was an error in Revit. After a discussion with Technical support, I had to uninstall and reinstall the program.