What is unique to a newly created workset?
However, if the workset was just created, a dialog will appear stating that the project has not been synchronized to central since this workset was created. You can only change the Editable status after the new worksets are synchronized from the local model to the central model.
What is a Revit workset?
Worksharing is a design method that allows multiple team members to work on the same project model at the same time. On many projects, team members are assigned a specific functional area to work on. Team members share a central model. Revit projects can be subdivided into worksets to accommodate such environments.
How do you edit a workset in Revit?
Note: You can only change the editable status of worksets that are not owned by another user.
- Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Worksets).
- In the Worksets dialog, click the Editable value next to the workset name, and select Yes or No. …
- Click OK to close the Worksets dialog.
What is unique to a newly created workset in Revit?
The new workset displays in the list of worksets; it is editable, and your user name displays for Owner.
How do I create a central file in Revit 2020?
Create a Central Model from an Existing Workshared Model
- Open the existing workshared file.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, rename the file, and click Options.
- In the File Save Options dialog, select Make this a Central Model after save.
- Select a default workset for local copies.
Why are Revit Worksets greyed out?
You need to select Collaborate then choose Collaborate within your network and this will enable worksets. It was an error in Revit. After a discussion with Technical support, I had to uninstall and reinstall the program.
How do I make a Revit editable?
In the drawing area, right-click an element, and click Make Worksets Editable. In the Project Browser, right-click a project view, and click Make Workset Editable. In the Project Browser, right-click a sheet view, and click Make Workset Editable With All Views.
What is relinquish in Revit?
Relinquish the ownership of model elements for another user so that other users can work on those elements. When another user who owns model elements is not available to relinquish those elements, you can force the relinquishment of those elements.
How do you borrow a workset in Revit?
- Select an element that is not editable by you. …
- Click (Make element editable) in the drawing area, or right-click the element, and click Make Elements Editable. …
- In the Error dialog, click Place Request. …
- The owner receives automatic notification of your request.
How does Revit worksharing work?
Worksharing is a design method that allows multiple team members to work on the same project model at the same time. On many projects, team members are assigned a specific functional area to work on. Revit projects can be subdivided into worksets to accommodate such environments.
How do I purge unused in Revit?
Go to “Manage” tab > “Purge Unused” (under Settings panel), select “Check All” to automatically purge unnecessary model elements. Also, remove unused Links. Got to “Manage” > “Manage Links” (under Manage Project panel). Click through the tabs to remove all the links (AutoCAD and Revit Links) from the file.
How do I edit family worksets in Revit?
Expand the Families branch, right-click on the Family name, and select Make Workset Editable, as shown in here. A family workset made editable cannot be changed by any other user. The owner must release it and synchronize it with the central file before anyone else can modify it.
How do I move elements from one workset to another in Revit?
When working on a team project that is enabled for worksharing, you can move an element from one workset to another.
- In the drawing area, select an element.
- On the Properties palette, locate the Workset parameter under Identity Data.
- Click in the Value column for the parameter, and select a new workset.
How do I change a workset?
Click under Editable for the workset, and select Yes. Alternatively, you can select the workset name, and click Editable. Note: If a workset is owned by another user, you cannot change its editable status. Repeat the previous step for as many worksets as you want to edit.