How do I move a SolidWorks file?
In File Explorer or in the SOLIDWORKS Task Pane File Explorer, right-click a SOLIDWORKS document and click SOLIDWORKS > Rename, Replace, or Move.
How do you move freely in SolidWorks?
To move or align the triad:
- Drag the center ball to drag the triad freely.
- Alt + drag the center ball or an arm and drop it on an edge or face to align the triad with the edge or face.
- Right-click the center ball and select Align to, Align with Component Origin, or Align with Assembly Origin.
How do I rename a file without messing up links?
Renaming a File
- From the files list, find the file to be renamed. Click the file’s gear menu and choose Rename.
- The New Title field can be used to rename the file and the New File Name can be used to update the file’s URL.
- Click Save to complete the rename. All links to the file will be updated.
What is PDM SolidWorks?
SOLIDWORKS PDM (Product Data Management) is a cloud-based suite of applications to manage product design data and documents, allowing easier collaboration and increased productivity.
Can I move SolidWorks to another drive?
Plug the USB drive into the new computer. Open the “My Computer” menu, click on the drive letter for the USB drive, and then drag and drop the “SolidWorks” folder into the “Program Files” folder on the C: drive. Select “Yes to All” when asked if you want to replace files.
How do I open a solidworks utility file?
SOLIDWORKS File Utilities can be accessed by right-clicking on a SOLIDWORKS file in File Explorer. File Utilities can also be accessed from the search tab in the SOLIDWORKS task pane. To access this, select files and models in the search command found in the upper right corner of your screen.
How do I browse missing files in Solidworks?
Resolving Missing Images During Rendering
When you render immediately, either by performing a preview or final render, you are prompted to locate missing files. Click Yes to browse for the file or a replacement. Click No to ignore the missing file.
When was solidworks first released?
They provided users with an accessible, easy-to-learn-and-use CAD package that filled the market void between expensive products and low-cost, barely functional software. Hirschtick’s original team developed and released SolidWorks® software by the end of 1995.
How do you dissolve a subassembly in Solidworks?
To dissolve a subassembly from the graphics area, right-click the subassembly and click Select Subassembly. Then right-click in the graphics area and click Dissolve Subassembly.
How do I move a fixed component in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I move subassemblies in Solidworks?
To make a subassembly flexible:
- Click a subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree and select Component Properties .
- In the dialog box, under Solve as, select Flexible, then click OK. Flexible is not available for lightweight subassemblies.
Does renaming a file change the link?
If the filename changes, this should not break the URL. A user may have shared a link/URL to a file and then changed the filename.
How do you send an Excel file without hyperlinks?
Break a link
- On the Data tab, in the Connections group, click Edit Links. Note: The Edit Links command is unavailable if your file does not contain linked information.
- In the Source list, click the link that you want to break. …
- Click Break Link.
How do you break links in Excel without opening file?
2 Answers. Go Into the Excel Options navigate to Trust Center then Trust Center Settings and go to External Content. You’ll see the Security Settings for Data Connections and Workbook Links. Disable both.