yet another technique we use to ‘stretch’ REGIONs: use BPOLY, pick a point inside the existing REGION and create a new POLYLINE from it. use STRETCH on it. then toast the original REGION and create a new REGION from the new POLYLINE boundary.
How do I stretch a solid in AutoCAD?
How do you stretch a command in AutoCAD?
- Click Home tab Modify panel Stretch. Find.
- Select the object by using crossing selection. The crossing selection must include at least one vertex or endpoint. …
- Do one of the following: Specify the base point for the move, and then specify a second point.
How do you edit a region in CAD?
Define Regions with Boundaries
- Click Home tab Draw panel Boundary. Find.
- In the Boundary Creation dialog box, in the Object Type list, select Region.
- Click Pick Points.
- Specify a point in your drawing inside each closed area that you want to define as a region and press Enter. This point is known as the internal point.
Can you stretch 3D objects in AutoCAD?
Most AutoCAD commands that are used for 2D operations can be applied to 3D models. For example, with the ROTATE command, you can revolve a 3D solid about an axis that’s parallel with the Z axis of the UCS. To rotate the model about a different axis direction would require you to change the direction of the UCS Z axis.
How do you convert a polyline to a region?
- Run command: EDITPOLYLINE or Go to Modify > Entity > Poly line.
- Select option Multiple if exploded region creates multiple entities.
- Select all Entities with Window Selection and Press Enter.
- Confirm: Convert Lines and Arcs to polylines? …
- This will give you additional options > Select option Join .
What is Regen command in AutoCAD?
REGEN regenerates the drawing with the following effects: Recomputes the locations and visibility for all objects in the current viewport. … Resets the overall area available for realtime panning and zooming in the current viewport.
Can you stretch multiple lines in AutoCAD?
Select several objects to stretch. Hold down Shift and click several grips so that they are highlighted. Release Shift and select a grip as the base grip by clicking the grip.
How do I extend a command in AutoCAD?
To extend objects, first select the boundaries. Then press Enter and select the objects that you want to extend. To use all objects as boundaries, press Enter at the first Select Objects prompt. The following prompts are displayed.
What does AutoCAD stand for?
it is comprised of 2 words Auto and CAD. AUTO stands here for AUTODESK ,an american company (parent company of autocad) CAD stands here for computer aided drafting or design as this software is used mainly for drafting but also has some designing features.