Can you modify STEP file?
With PTC Creo, design engineers can edit 3D CAD data from STEP files using a direct modeling approach that won’t sacrifice the original design intent.
Can you open a STEP file in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect can read STEP, IGES, and ACIS file formats. … To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS: Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
What files can you edit in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS File Format
- Drawing Exchange Format (. dxf)
- Drawing (. dwg)
- Adobe Photoshop (. psd)
- Adobe Illustrator (. ai)
- Parasolid (. x_t)
- STEP (. stp)
- ACIS (. sat)
- IGES (. igs, . iges)
How do I convert a STEP file to Solidworks assembly?
1) In the SolidWorks program click OPEN. 2) Set the filter to whichever file type you want to use (In this example we will use STEP). 3) Click Options… to access the options menu. In order to have IGES, STEP, UG and ACIS import as an assembly you will have to select the Import multiple bodies as parts option.
Can you save an assembly as a STEP file?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. … Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
How do you modify completed feature?
To edit the definition of a feature:
- Do one of the following: Select a feature in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area. Click Edit > Definition. …
- Edit the definition in the dialog box by specifying new values or options.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
Can you edit a STL file in SolidWorks?
Using SOLIDWORKS 2020, you can now directly add or remove features just as you would on a solid body model. … In this article, we go over how to remove the slot feature from a bracket model and re-export the file as a mesh STL.
How do I edit a step file in SolidWorks 2019?
You need to add a feature to the imported body.
- Select the bottom face of the imported body.
- Click Chamfer . …
- Under Chamfer Parameters, make the desired settings and click OK . …
- Right-click Imported1 in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Feature. …
- Click OK. …
- Select the STEP file and click Open.
How do I edit a mesh in SolidWorks?
To edit meshes:
- Do one of the following: Click Mesh Edit scanTo3D toolbar). Click Tools > ScanTo3D > Mesh Edit. Right-click the mesh feature in the FeatureManager design tree and select Mesh Edit.
- In the PropertyManager: Select a Manipulation Method. Set the options. …
- Click .
How do you separate parts of a STEP file?
On the Manage tab select Make Components. Select the solid bodies to create separate parts files. Thanks a lot!!
How do you save a step assembly in Solidworks?
Assemblies Saved as Parts Export Options
- Click Tools > Options > System Options > Export.
- For File Format, select SLDPRT from assembly.
- Specify the following options, and click OK.
How do I save a STEP file in Solidworks 2020?
Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options. Select from the options described below, then click OK.