To better support the wide variety of workflows across the industry, we built the DXF Import Utility. This is a free add-in available on the Fusion 360 App Store. Once installed, run the DXF Importer from the Add-In list, and check “Run on Startup” so it launches every time you use Fusion 360.
What formats can Fusion 360 import?
The following file types can be imported into Fusion 360:
- Autodesk Alias (*. wire)
- AutoCAD DWG Files (*. dwg)
- Autodesk Fusion 360 Archive Files (*. f3d)
- Autodesk Fusion 360 Toolpath Archive Files (*. cam360)
- Autodesk Inventor Files (*. ipt, *. iam)
- CATIA V5 Files (*. CATProduct, *. …
- DXF Files (*. dxf)
- FBX (*. fbx)
Can Fusion 360 Open STEP files?
The documentation can easily be reached directly from withe Fusion 360 by clicking on the small question mark in the upper right corner. When you open a . stp file through File–< open it opens it in its own design. That you can save in the data panel.
Can Fusion 360 Open Sketchup files?
Sketchup data will import as mesh data. So it is not solids which means you need to remodel the designs in Fusion 360. You can use the Sketch up data as a visual helper but there is not a magic “make solid” button yet.
What is a DXF file used for?
A DXF (drawing interchange format) file is either a binary or an ASCII representation of a drawing file. It is often used to share drawing data between other CAD programs.
How do I resize a DXF file in Fusion 360?
Use Modify>Scale to correctly scale the design.
- Select the plane that the DXF will be placed on.
- Select the DXF file.
- From the units dropdown, specify the units that the imported DXF file uses.
How do I convert DXF to PDF?
Take these steps to convert DXF to PDF.
- In Acrobat, select Tools, then Create PDF.
- Select Single File, then Select a File from the options menu.
- Upload your DXF file.
- Click or tap on Create. This converts your selected file to a PDF.
- Save your PDF to your desired location.