Is 3ds Max compatible with Revit?
If using Revit 2016, then files must be linked using 3ds Max 2016 as well. … 3ds Max cannot link to earlier versions of Revit files, and vice-versa.
What file format can Revit import?
Revit supports a wide range of industry standards and file formats, including: Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT. CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP. Image formats: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, and TIF.
Can I import FBX to Revit?
Can I open FBX file in Revit? Click Modify. File menu > Import > Link Revit or Link FBX > Manage Links dialog > Files tab > Highlight an RVT file or an FBX file. > Turn on Show Reload Options. >
Can SketchUp Import Max files?
3ds Max has two different importers for SketchUp files. The legacy importer can import SketchUp files from version 6 through SketchUp 2014, and the newer default importer can import any SketchUp files. … When bringing an SKP file into 3ds Max, all objects are imported except (optionally) hidden objects.
What 3D files can Revit import?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.
Can you import STEP files into Revit?
Import STP file in AutoCAD and save as DWG. Link the DWG in Revit. When you get the updated STP, just re-import to the same DWG and the link in Revit will be updated.
Can Revit open a DWFx file?
DWF and DWFx files contain the same data (2D and 3D); the only difference is the file format. DWFx files can be opened and printed using the free Microsoft XPS Viewer, which comes pre-installed on computers using the Microsoft Windows Vista™ operating system. … You can export all Revit views or sheets to 2D DWF files.
Can you convert Revit to AutoCAD?
Just in case you need to convert a 3D Revit model to 3D AutoCAD, here ya go. It is very simple but remember to click one button to make sure you work with ACAD solids… With the Revit model open, Click the Application Menu (“Big R”) > “Export” > “CAD Formats” > Select “DWG“.
How do I convert Revit to FBX?
Save a 3D model view in FBX format for import to 3ds Max.
- In Revit, open a 3D view, and prepare it for export. …
- Click File tab Export (FBX). …
- In the Export 3ds Max (FBX) dialog, for Save in, navigate to the target folder for the exported file.
- For Files of type, select one of the following formats:
How do I import a SketchUp model into Revit?
- Create a family in the Family Editor. See Revit LT Families.
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the Import CAD Formats dialog, navigate to the folder that contains the SKP file.
- For Files of Type, select the SKP file type.
- Select the file to import.
- Specify the desired import settings. …
- Click Open.
How Import 3ds Max to Revit?
How to Import 3Ds in Revit
- Export the desired 3DS Max file (MAX) as either a DWG, DXF or ADSK file. …
- Save the file in the target folder for the exported file. …
- Import the exported MAX file as a DWG, DXF or ADSK file into Revit by going to the “Insert” tab and selecting either the “Link CAD” or “Insert CAD” option.
Can we convert 3D Max file to SketchUp?
The 3DS format is one of those oldies but goodies. The format is native to the original DOS-based 3D Studio modeling and animation application. You can import 3DS models into SketchUp, and if you have SketchUp Pro, you can export SketchUp models into 3DS format, too. …
Can you import OBJ files into SketchUp?
Select File > Import. In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the SketchUp file. … Select the SketchUp file, and click Open. … Click in the drawing area to place the component in your model.