If anyone finds this and is still wondering about it, your view template will sometimes control the amount of far clip offset as well as the far clipping type. So if it’s grayed out, go into your view template in the same properties box and make sure to uncheck “far clipping.”
How do I change the depth of a section in Revit?
Define Depth Cueing
- Open a section or elevation view (Architectural or Coordination discipline only).
- For the best effect and better performance, ensure that Far Clipping is specified for the view: …
- On the View Control Bar, click Visual Style Graphic Display Options.
- Expand Depth Cueing, and select Show Depth.
What is far clipping in Revit?
You can cut an elevation, section, or callout view at the far clip plane. You activate this feature using the Far Clipping parameter for the view. The far clip plane is defined with the Far Clip Offset parameter. … The Far Clipping parameter is available for elevation, section, and callout views.
How do you control depth cueing in Revit?
On the View Control Bar, click Visual Style and Graphic Display Options. On the Graphic Display Options dialog, expand Depth Cueing, and select Show Depth. For the Fade Start and End location, move the double slider controls to specify the boundaries of the gradient effect.
How do you cut a 3D view in Revit?
Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics).
- Enable the section box in a 3D view.
- Open an associated view such as a plan view or an elevation view.
- In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view name, and click Show Section Box.
- In the associated view, drag the blue arrow controls to resize the section box.
How do you change the cutting plane in Revit?
- Open a plan view.
- In the Create panel on the View ribbon, expand the Plan Views split button and click Plan Region.
- Sketch a closed loop using lines, rectangles, or polygons.
- In the Properties palette, click Edit.
- In the View Range dialog box, specify the primary range and view depth for the plan region.
What is far clipping plane?
The far clipping plane is furthest point of the Camera’s view frustum. The Camera cannot see geometry that is further this distance. For more information, see Understanding the view frustum. In the Unity Editor, this corresponds to the Clipping Planes: Far property in the Camera component Inspector.
What is depth cueing?
Depth cueing is implemented by having objects blend into the background color with increasing distance from the viewer. The range of distances over which this blending occurs is controlled by the sliders.
Where is view control bar in Revit?
The View Control Bar is located at the bottom of the view window above the status bar and includes the following tools: Note: The exact tools available on the View Control Bar depends on the view type.
How do I change the depth of elevation in Revit?
Open a plan view. Click View tab Create panel Elevation drop-down (Elevation). The cursor appears with the elevation symbol. (Optional) In the Type Selector, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type.
How do I modify a view template?
To access view template properties, click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down Manage View Templates. Some properties are not available for all view types. Specifies the scale of the view. When you select Custom, you can edit the Scale Value property.
How do I delete unused view templates in Revit?
Delete a View Template
- Click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down Manage View Templates.
- In the View Template dialog, under View Templates, use the Discipline filter and the View type filter to limit the list of view templates.
- In the Names list, select the view template to delete. …
- Click (Delete).
How do I edit a Revit template?
- Click Manage tab Settings Panel Panel Schedule Templates Edit a Template.
- In the Edit a Template dialog, select the template type. The template type determines the option(s) in the Templates pane. …
- For Templates, select the template to edit and click Open. The template displays in Edit Template mode.