How do you add a configuration in Solidworks?
- Pause the pointer over a part or assembly template to display the configurations option.
- Click . …
- Click Add Configuration, type a configuration name, and click OK.
- Click to add instances of a configuration to the assembly.
What is a SolidWorks configuration?
Configurations allow you to create multiple variations of a part or assembly model within a single document. Configurations provide a convenient way to develop and manage families of models with different dimensions, components, or other parameters.
How do I change the configuration of a SolidWorks assembly?
To configure a component:
- In an assembly, right-click a component and click Configure Component .
- In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can: Create new assembly configurations. Change the component configuration used in each assembly configuration.
How do I make two configurations in Solidworks?
In the ConfigurationManager, right-click the part or assembly name and select Add Configuration. In the Add Configuration PropertyManager, type a Configuration Name and specify properties for the new configuration.
How do you save different configurations in Solidworks?
Save as Copy with a Subset of Configurations
- Open a model, right-click a configuration in the ConfigurationManager, and click Save Configurations.
- In the Save Configurations as a new Assembly/Part dialog box, select a configuration. …
- Click Save Selected.
- In the Save As dialog box, click Save.
What properties can you configure in an assembly?
The properties available to be configured include: name, description, part number, revision, vendor, project, product line, title 1, title 2, title 3, not revision managed, and exclude from BOM. Select the assembly property you wish to configure (Properties are included in the list).
What laptop is best for SolidWorks?
Best Laptops For SolidWorks In 2021 — In-depth Reviews
- HP ZBook 15 G5.
- Lenovo ThinkPad P53.
- Razer Blade 15 Laptop.
- Asus ROG Zephyrus S.
- HP Omen Gaming Laptop.
- DELL G5 15 Laptop.
- Lenovo Idea Pad L340 Laptop.
- Asus TUF FX505 DT Laptop.
Where is configuration in SolidWorks?
You can enter descriptions for Toolbox components and select sizes and other properties in the Configure Component PropertyManager. By entering a description, you can easily select preset component configurations.
How do I change the configuration name in SolidWorks?
To rename or delete a configuration, right-click the configuration Name and select Rename or Delete.
How do you make an exploded assembly in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do you suppress components in configuration in Solidworks?
You can suppress individual features in the Feature Properties dialog box. Right-click the feature you want to suppress in the FeatureManager design tree and select Feature Properties. In the dialog box, select Suppressed, and then select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specify Configuration(s).