To modify the crosshatch pattern: Click a face, or hold Ctrl and select multiple faces, and make changes in the Area Hatch/Fill PropertyManager. If a section view in a drawing needs to be updated (when a section line position or direction changes, for example), the view is marked with a crosshatch pattern.
How do I remove a hatch from a section view in Solidworks?
To delete an area hatch: Select it in the graphics area and press Delete. Sketched profiles are not deleted when the area hatch is deleted.
How do you change the drawing view in Solidworks?
To manually update drawing views:
- Right-click the Drawing icon at the top of the FeatureManager design tree, and click Automatic view update. If there is no check mark, it indicates that manual view regeneration is enabled.
- Click either: Edit > Update All Views. Rebuild (Standard toolbar) or Edit > Rebuild.
Are ribs hatched in section views?
Before you create a section view, do the following: Right-click the source view where you want to define a section and choose Properties. On the Advanced tab (Drawing View Properties dialog box), under Section View, clear the Hatch ribs in section view check box. Apply the change and update the drawing view.
What is the purpose of the section scope dialog box?
In a drawing, you can specify which components and rib features are to be left uncut in a section view or broken-out section view of an assembly with the Section View dialog box.
How do I change a section line view?
To edit existing section views with Section View Assist: Right-click on an existing section view or its cutting line and click Edit Cutting Line. For some complex section views created with SOLIDWORKS 2013, you must select an insertion point before you can modify them.
How do you rotate a section view in Solidworks?
To rotate a drawing view around its center point:
- Click Rotate View. (View toolbar), or right-click the view and select Zoom/Pan/Rotate > Rotate View. …
- Do one of the following: Drag the view to the desired rotation. …
- Set options, then click Apply: …
- Click Close to close the dialog box.
How do I update exploded view in Solidworks?
To edit an explode step:
- To open the Explode PropertyManager: Right-click Exploded View and click Edit Feature. …
- Reposition the components: To move a component along its axis, drag the handle . …
- Update the options in the PropertyManager: Select components to add to the step. …
- Click Undo to undo changes.
- Click Done.
How do you delete a drawing view in Solidworks?
To delete views:
- Right-click anywhere in a drawing view and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion. If you delete a detail or section view, select Delete detail sketch or Delete section sketch so the sketch used to create the view is also deleted.
How do I stop a solidworks update?
To disable auto update for an item, right-click the file link with auto update enabled and click Disable Auto Update.
What are the 7 types of section views?
Types of Sectional Views
- Full Section. If the imaginary cutting plane passes through the entire object, splitting the drawn object in two with the interior of the object revealed, this is called a “full section.” A full section is the most widely-used sectional view.
- Half View. …
- Offset View. …
- Revolving View. …
- Broken View.
When and why is a section view necessary?
In which case, the direction of sight is towards one half of the object. The other half is then mentally discarded. Drafters use sectional views to improve the clarity of complex objects when internal surfaces result in too many hidden lines. Special conventions are used to make a sectional view easy to understand.