How do I see the size of a part in Solidworks?
To re-display the dimensions, right-click the feature or one of its faces, and select Show All Dimensions. To show dimension names, click View > Hide/Show > Dimension Names or Hide/Show Items > View Dimension Names (Heads-up View toolbar).
How do you change the size of a part in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
Can you scale an entire part in Solidworks?
To scale an entire SOLIDWORKS assembly, it is possible to scale each part independently, however this could be extremely tedious for an assembly with a large number of components. Alternatively, you can save the assembly as a multi-body part and scale this part in a single step.
How do I show annotations in SOLIDWORKS?
on the Annotation toolbar, or click View > Hide/Show > Annotations. All annotations are displayed; hidden annotations are in gray. Click the annotations that you want to show or hide.
How do you add dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
To add a dimension to a sketch or drawing:
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. …
- Select the items to dimension, as shown in the table below. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click to place the dimension. To dimension the…
How do you repair dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do you change inches to mm in SOLIDWORKS?
Changing units in the SOLIDWORKS user interface could not be simpler. Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment.
How do I make parts smaller in SOLIDWORKS?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
How do I resize a sketch in Solidworks?
To scale a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, under Scale About, select one of the following: Option. Description. Sketch origin. …
- Type a value for Factor, and press Enter. You cannot scale a sketch that has external references.
- Click Close.
How do you merge bodies in Solidworks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .