Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
Can you combine parts in assembly solidworks?
In an assembly, you can join two or more parts to create a new part. The join operation removes surfaces that intrude into each other’s space, and merges the part bodies into a single solid volume. To join parts: Create the parts that you want to join, then create an assembly containing the parts.
How do you move two parts together in Solidworks?
To move components in the FeatureManager design tree: In the FeatureManager design tree, drag the component you want to move. You can Ctrl + drag to move multiple components at the same time.
How do I join parts in assembly?
To join parts:
- Create the parts that you want to join, then create an assembly containing the parts.
- Position the parts as desired in the assembly. …
- Save the assembly but do not close the window.
- Insert a new part into the assembly: …
- Close the sketch.
How do you combine two extrudes in Solidworks?
The Combine feature lives under Insert>Features>Combine. The common function allows you to add two bodies together, and keep the area that is common to them. To use this feature, we will select the common button, and then under Bodies to Combine, select the two bodies.
How do you make a subassembly flexible in Solidworks?
Making a Subassembly Flexible
To make a subassembly flexible: Click a subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree and select Component Properties . In the dialog box, under Solve as, select Flexible, then click OK.
Can you save an assembly as a part in Solidworks?
With your top level assembly open, left click on a sub-assembly that you would like to save as a part and chose Open Subassembly. 2. With the sub-assembly open click File, Save as. Chose the option to Save as when prompted.
How do you make multiple bodies in one solidworks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .