Is there a way to replace a part in a Solidworks assembly?
Do one of the following: Click Replace Components (Assembly toolbar). Click File > Replace. Right-click a component and click Replace Components.
How do I change part of an assembly?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do you remove a part from assembly in Solidworks?
To delete a component from an assembly:
- Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
How do you disassemble a part in Solidworks?
To dissolve a subassembly: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the subassembly you want to dissolve, and select Dissolve Subassembly. You can also select the subassembly icon and click Edit > Dissolve Assembly. The components become components of the immediate parent assembly, and the subassembly is removed.
How do I change references in Solidworks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods: Click a cell to change the name or path. Then, click a different cell.
How do I modify a part in Inventor?
Right-click the part, and then select Edit Feature. Use the sketch and feature commands to add, edit, or delete features. Save the part file. The changes you make are reflected in all occurrences of the part in the assembly file (and other assemblies that use the part).
How do you delete a subassembly in Solidworks?
In an assembly with a subassembly, in the FeatureManager design tree, select a subassembly component and press Delete. In the dialog box, select whether to Delete the subassembly, or Delete only the selected components. In the Confirm Delete dialog box, verify the component and dependent items to delete and click Yes.
How do you purge in Solidworks?
- Open the Control Panel. …
- Navigate to “Programs” > “Programs and Features”. …
- You will be asked if you would like to allow the program to be changed or uninstalled. …
- SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager will open and ask what products you would like to uninstall.
Can you explode a part in Solidworks?
When you explode multiple components in one step, you can space them equally along an axis. You can edit an explode step to add, delete, or reposition components. You can edit an explode step while you create the exploded view or after you save the view. You can delete an explode step from an exploded view.
How do I edit a explode in Solidworks?
To edit an explode step:
- To open the Explode PropertyManager: Right-click Exploded View and click Edit Feature. …
- Reposition the components: To move a component along its axis, drag the handle . …
- Update the options in the PropertyManager: Select components to add to the step. …
- Click Undo to undo changes.
- Click Done.